Check Engine Light P0505

Ej6kevin

My cars check engine light pops up with P0505. I changed out my idle air control valve and the code went away for a couple days, then now it's back on doing the same thing. I need help, it would idle about 1300 and when I rev it to about 1500 rpm, it would get somewhat stuck like it sounds like launch control, then anything after that, it would drive okay. I don't know what else to do . Someone please help .

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it a new IACV or a used one? It could be bad. You can also have a vacuum leak somewhere.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had this CEL for 7-8 months and what fixed the problem for me was adjusting the idle via idle screw on throttle body. My idle was set too high.

Ej6kevin

I had this CEL for 7-8 months and what fixed the problem for me was adjusting the idle via idle screw on throttle body. My idle was set too high.
Not to sound dumb, but, I don't know where that is. i've tried looking for it. but don't see it.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not to sound dumb, but, I don't know where that is. i've tried looking for it. but don't see it.
This is an aftermarket throttle body but the location should be the same:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have u changed ur air filter or done a tune up lately?

Vacuum leaks?

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Ej6kevin

This problem is still ocurring , Don't know what else to do. would it be my map sensor by any chance?

DaLostONE69

5+ Year Member
I have the same problem. But I recently did a search to try and fix my cruise control, long story short I came across someone having the same issue with the same CEL code and his was caused by a vacuum leak in his cruise control system. unfortunately I'm in the same boat and can't find a diagram of the vacuum lines

Ej6kevin

I have the same problem. But I recently did a search to try and fix my cruise control, long story short I came across someone having the same issue with the same CEL code and his was caused by a vacuum leak in his cruise control system. unfortunately I'm in the same boat and can't find a diagram of the vacuum lines
Thanks for the information, but I don't have Cruise control lol .

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you adjust your idle at all?