Check Engine Light P1456

afanm

5+ Year Member
I have a 2000 civic si and the check engine light came on so I checked the code on the ODMII meter and it gave a code of P1456. I checked what it meant on this site and it said I had an emissions control system leakage (fuel tank system). I figure that it was talking about the gas cap so I replaced it with a new one. Once I cleared the check engine light, a couple of days later it came on again. Same code popped up. Can anyone help me on this? Don't know where the problem is?

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tighten your gas cap 3 clicks to the right

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could be a bad hose, or try lifting the cover below the seat and make sure the seal around the tank is good, i have the same problem but i think i got it narrowed to the evap can (f**king honda emissions) just check all of the hoses, and worst case pull down the tank and make sure everything is good, or it could be the two valves of which one is a one way valve and the other is a two way valve to allow for the recycling of the fumes

afanm

5+ Year Member
Thanks!

Thanks guys for your input. I've had the CEL on for almost a week but for some reason today while I was driving, it turned off. If I had not fixed the problem yet, why did the CEL turn off?