Check Engini?

AnimeKid

I recently unpluged my mass airflow sensor on the exhaust manifold and forgot to plug it back in before starting the car and the check engine light came on and i get it to go off. It has been about a week since it came on. Is there any way to actually turn it off without spending bookoos of bucks at a shop.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
That's the O2 sensor on the Exhaust. Pull the 7.5 amp fuse in the engine bay fuse box and let it reset the ECU. You have to have the O2 back in obviously. Though once everything is as it should be, the CEL should clear on it's own? It did with my IAT CEL anyway. Check the code to make sure it's actually what you think it is.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check the the right ofthe glove box (best to take the glovebox out), should see some wires and a couple of loose plugs (may be connected into a rubber block). the connection with 2 wires, you can "loop" the connection with a paperclip or piece of wire. Now, when you turn the key forward, the CEL will flash a code.
I suggest if you don't already have one, get a serv manual ASAP. Not only will it have the steps to check the codes, it will also show a chart with the code descriptions, and possible fixes

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Yeah its green, should just be tucked up near the kick panel, jump it with a paper clip and turn the ignition to on and it should start flashing. Count long flashes as ten (so two long flashes is 20) and short flashes as one (three short flashes is 3.

Example, flaaaaaaaaaash flaaaaaaaaaash flash flash flash (23)

AnimeKid

aight ill try that when i get home and ill post the code on here so you guys can give me some info on it.

AnimeKid

Aight so i did what yall said and it blinked like this blaaaaaaaah blaaaaaaaah blaaaaaaaah blah so im guessing that is 31.

AnimeKid

Well that is just odd lol it says auto transmisson but my transmission isnt acting up and it didnt come on till i forgot to plug back in the o2 sensor.

AnimeKid

buddy and i rechecked it, it is actually 41 the primary oxygen sensor malfunction. How do i fix that?