Check Oil/ Car overheats

SourPanch

Project Smurf
5+ Year Member
I checked the oil...It's not low. Might be corilated with the current Heat WAve (105+ Weather)

But still the car shouldnt be overheating.

Radiator level is ok too.

Ideas?

800miles ago got the head resurfaced and gasket replaced.

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
fans working?

also if you got water in the tank for your radiator change it for coolant...

but yeah pretty much check the fans and that the fuses are letting them work properly on time... or maybe the oil is just getting too thin by laying on the pan if its that hot... idkkk try driving without your a/c on and see what happens...

goodluck

SourPanch

Project Smurf
5+ Year Member
1. I have no Ac
2. My fan automatically turns on from car start, (its how its wired)

Thanks for advice. i'll go check some stuff right now

EJAaron

5+ Year Member
water pump might be bad or bad thermostat

efsihatch

Single Cam Love
5+ Year Member
sounds like its about to go.... i dunno ussualy when the oil light comes on there is no oil pressure or bad wire or sensor. and if there is no oil pressure the motor will overheat and eventually blow.

SourPanch

Project Smurf
5+ Year Member
ok my 1 fan isnt working . (the one i need lol) since i have no AC there's no reason 4 the other to even be on. but it is wired to come on at startup. i also need an o2 sensor. seeing that check engine lights after 10-15 min of driving

haftahonda

5+ Year Member
did you check the code? never assume anything. youll waste your money. and just because you have a code for a component one these old birds doesn't mean the part is bad, it's just the affected SYSTEM. these cars aren't as smart as the OBD2. theres what, only like 15 or 20 codes possible?

SourPanch

Project Smurf
5+ Year Member
i haven't ob tested yet. but i can smell in the exhaust that something (o2) aint right.

i spent the whole day in the Junkyard today.
i was luky enough to find a civic of the same year. relatively un-gutted yet. so i pocketed me an o2 sensor. a few bulbs. ob tester and some other miscellaneous items (fuses n whatnot) you know just in case. also the fan worked but obviously wont fit in my pocket. so il go bak 4 it at another time.

kwell

5+ Year Member
haha, but water is better for cooling than coolant make sure your radiator caps spring is still good as for the oil light you might want to test the circut i can get you a alldata diagram for that, their only supose to turn on when you have less than 21psi pressure

TheEf2kid

5+ Year Member
if your car get hot turn to heater on and if it cools down your thermostat is good and opening up.
if your getting hot when you turn the heater on than the thermostat is bad
if your hot still after you change the thermostat change your water pump.
if you still hot flush your block and radiator and run all coolant.
if you still hot than your change your headgasket.