Chicago Meet 07/29/06

PROS14

Not stock anymore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FINAL:

Hey everyone. I have been watching and reviewing the posts on the meet thread started by meeh3dr. So far, everyone has been placing their inputs for the Chicago meet occurring the end of July. After considering everyone, I have devised a proposed plan:

On July 29th, the meet will start at 2pm. It will first be held at the old Chicagoland Speedway on Laramie and 35th. From what Hector said, the area should be huge for a photo op and (if no one acts inappropriately and draw the attention of the cops) the cops should leave us alone. Hector, if you are reading this, please describe the area and the actual address because I'm not too familiar with how to get there.

We will be staying there and waiting for all the people to come until 4pm. After 4pm, we will head over to Buffalo Wild Wings in Skokie. The area also does have a huge parking area and there are good locations for photo ops as well. The exact address is:

7020 Carpenter Rd.
Skokie, IL 60077

Now, after meeting up here and fillin up on wings and beer, it's up to you all as to what to do afterwards. I can recommend some things (not illegal, of course) but you are all free to do whatever you want to do from this point on. We can go play billiards, bowling, watch a movie (anyone up for F&F? :lol: ), etc. Anyways, this is what I devised with everyone's suggestions. Let me know if there are any objections.

Here's the list of attendees so far:
Civic_TypeX
connies2hatchie
hector
one6
1999CivicEX
jak
meeh3dr (beer / wings)
tweeker-steve00
Rey98civic
hkt03 (beer / wings)
Anonmassive
CivicEXofD0om
Segun
jdmallen97
hOOKED_ ON4

Maybe coming (haven’t gotten confirmation yet…):
anfrey
somejaykid
cgpEJ6

Last edited:

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
count me out ;) already said can't do a sat afternoon meet :what:

meeh3dr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Is this the location of the 1st meeting point? Or is it the one in Joliet?

This plan sounds good to me. I should be free.

PROS14

Not stock anymore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
meeh3dr said:
Is this the location of the 1st meeting point? Or is it the one in Joliet?

This plan sounds good to me. I should be free.
I believe that's the area that hector was talkin about. it's about time you came to a meet! i can't wait to see ur ride in person. ;)

PROS14

Not stock anymore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
count me out ;) already said can't do a sat afternoon meet :what:
i thought you said u can make it as long as you had enough time to call off from work. well, i'll move the day to sunday if more people want it on that day instead.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well I requested that weekend off and got it. I should be in the Chi friday night if all goes well (I'm driving up from Carbondale).

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Civic_TypeX said:
i thought you said u can make it as long as you had enough time to call off from work. well, i'll move the day to sunday if more people want it on that day instead.
yea i tried to get the day off but we're really short handed so that leaves me w/ over time =) but if ppl wanna do that cool if not no big deal, like i've said elsewhere i dont' expect anything to revolve around me ;)

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i may stop by for wings and beer but i doubt i'll drive out to the initial meeting point.. depends on whether i'm working on that saturday or not.

meeh3dr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Civic_TypeX said:
I believe that's the area that hector was talkin about. it's about time you came to a meet! i can't wait to see ur ride in person. ;)
Man this sucks..............I have my company golf outing that day. I'm not sure what time it ends but I'll try to make it to get some wings and beer.

jak

shaken...... not stirred.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i should still be coming. my brother may come too, he's on here tweeker-steve00. everything sounds good let us know if you plan on changing it to sunday. :thumbs up

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put me in as a maybe. ill let you guys know this Saturday if i can make it. I gotta make sure i get my tranny rebuilt before i come down. but yeah, MAYBE, but almost fer sure!

egb16

5+ Year Member
i could go if it was on sunday cus that saturday is import wars at the grove

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Parking lot number 2 is where we would meet up. you can make it either from 55 or 290.

http://www.suburbanjournals.com/ChicagoMotorSpeedway/ChicagoMotorSpeedway-ParkingMap.gif
photobucket resized the map picture, and i dont know how to make it normal, so theres the link to it.

Looking from west to east.

Looking from east to west.

This place is located in Cicero actually. about 10 min from ther chicago border. cicero cops tend to be dicks.. im not sure if theyll gave a problem, but like i said, if nothing makes them kick us out of therem then its all good.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Add Anonmassive to the list (tony)

jak

shaken...... not stirred.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it don't matter to me if this takes place on sat or sunday. if i wind up having to work on sat i think i got someone to cover for me. i just hope my bro does'nt have to work.