CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a mid price wheel so you still have quality and looks but when you get a nick on the lip or anything you wont want to cry
Yeah that's something I've been thinking about. Knowing my luck something simple would mess them up like dropping a lug nut on the lip lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah that's something I've been thinking about. Knowing my luck something simple would mess them up like dropping a lug nut on the lip lol
or dropping it on the face when you take them off. or a car shooting a rock across the road into them

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. Ive already nicked my wheels up in a couple spots. Good thing theyre just temporary wheels...

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
At this rate hybrid racing just needs to sponsor you so u can get some discounts and rep their stuff lol.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey child do you have the regular hub for the steering wheel or the short hub?

Sent from my civic using a stock engine

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey child do you have the regular hub for the steering wheel or the short hub?

Sent from my civic using a stock engine
Regular hub. I like the wheel closer to me. For me it's more comfortable than stretching out to reach the wheel. For a short person it may be too close or uncomfortable since they wouldn't need much leg room.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Regular hub. I like the wheel closer to me. For me it's more comfortable than stretching out to reach the wheel. For a short person it may be too close or uncomfortable since they wouldn't need much leg room.
aaah I see thanx I could decide which to get but saw your pic of it and decide to go with the regular, my fear was that is was gonna stick out too much.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you done anything to your paint? I feel like it just gets shinier in every photo!
I just wax on top of wax. I use turtle wax which lays down pretty thick as it is, and just keep waxing it every now and then. It looks deeper and more shiny, but it also makes my dings and uneven body panels stand out.

aaah I see thanx I could decide which to get but saw your pic of it and decide to go with the regular, my fear was that is was gonna stick out too much.
To stay close to the stock positioning, A regular sized hub with just a steering wheel is pretty spot on. A short hub and a quick release with the steering wheel is also really close to the stock position. A regular hub with a big quick release puts things a bit closer (like my setup) but i believe that NRG also has thing quick releases, so one of those with a regular hub may be close to stock as well.

EX Coupe 98

Registered User of What?
Hey GHILD,
Help, early on in this thread when you had that KILLER red hatch you talked about wanting to do something with the D16 that was in it, and as you can tell from my User Name i have a 1998 EX Coupe. Would you give
me an overview ( how about all of use ) =) of your thinking about what you wanted to do with that D16.? At this time i have some of the bolt-ones (a one off DC Sports header, a AEM cold air intake, and a 2-1/4" SS
pipe from the cat. to the stock muffler.) It has good bottom end to mid-range ( for a D16Y8). I like Canyon Carving the most of all :shock: it has Tein Type Flex Coilovers ( the older one's for the track ), a Comptech rear Sway-Bar & original OG subframe brace, RPF-1's on Yokohama S-Drive's, Ingalls Rear Camber Kit, Skunk2 Pro-Series Plus Adjustable Front Camber Kit, a much enhanced stock braking system ( it will not fade), a neuspeed front upper strut bar, and a cusco front lower strut bar and upper rear strut bar. And more. :roll: In the
tight and twisty i can run with my Homey in his Dinan Performance 99 M3 until he gets in to his ( old school ) four wheel drift mode :oops:

~D

Phoodle

I recently stopped taking my car to the strip because I have officially made it my daily driver while I'm saving up for another car not sure which one yet =). But because of all the times I've taken it out to the strip my hood developed super fine scratches, some scratches are huddled together and look like a pile of maggots lol. You think that wax will help me get rid of some of the maggots? Ahh the burden and beauty of a black car!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey GHILD,
Help, early on in this thread when you had that KILLER red hatch you talked about wanting to do something with the D16 that was in it, and as you can tell from my User Name i have a 1998 EX Coupe. Would you give
me an overview ( how about all of use ) =) of your thinking about what you wanted to do with that D16.? At this time i have some of the bolt-ones (a one off DC Sports header, a AEM cold air intake, and a 2-1/4" SS
pipe from the cat. to the stock muffler.) It has good bottom end to mid-range ( for a D16Y8). I like Canyon Carving the most of all :shock: it has Tein Type Flex Coilovers ( the older one's for the track ), a Comptech rear Sway-Bar & original OG subframe brace, RPF-1's on Yokohama S-Drive's, Ingalls Rear Camber Kit, Skunk2 Pro-Series Plus Adjustable Front Camber Kit, a much enhanced stock braking system ( it will not fade), a neuspeed front upper strut bar, and a cusco front lower strut bar and upper rear strut bar. And more. :roll: In the
tight and twisty i can run with my Homey in his Dinan Performance 99 M3 until he gets in to his ( old school ) four wheel drift mode :oops:

~D
I had planned for it to be somewhat simple but effective (sort of like my approach to the K build). I was just going to rebuild the bottom end, new rods, low compression cp pistons, sleeve it, ARP rod and head bolts, bisimoto head with level 2 cam, and a T3 60-1 turbo setup from Greg at Go-Autoworks. I wanted the fairly small snail for a quick spool. I wanted to build the SOHC because I just like cars and it would keep me occupied without needing the larger amount of money that the K sucks up.

I recently stopped taking my car to the strip because I have officially made it my daily driver while I'm saving up for another car not sure which one yet =). But because of all the times I've taken it out to the strip my hood developed super fine scratches, some scratches are huddled together and look like a pile of maggots lol. You think that wax will help me get rid of some of the maggots? Ahh the burden and beauty of a black car!
It will help just a little bit. Clay barring it would be better. It kind of depends on how deep the scratches are as well.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool, looking forward to seeing what's next. I saw The Chronicles reposted one of your pictures a few days ago, pretty cool.