CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol only you would take a pic of some super lame oem part and make it look flossy. yes flossy.... i hate you.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some ebayers don't contact you after you have bought their items. Have you contacted them at all? Some that I have dealt with didn't even include a tracking number it just showed up at my doorstep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried contacting them and I got no response. We'll see what happens. I only bought from this user because he had a new oem unit instead of the remanned racks from most companies. Oh well.

Man i need a good camera and photo editing skills...
Lol, my camera is so low end that it actually is funny. Sony a57 body, sub 500 bucks with a 200 dollar plastic lens. I'd love to have a nice camera. The car hobby is in the way though lol

That's strange. I recently ordered a set and they did come with castle nuts and cotter pins.

There are some parts you just can't beat OEM for.
I might have selected the wrong one or something. There were two of each part number, but listed as the same. Almost looked like a website mistake. No biggie.
lol only you would take a pic of some super lame oem part and make it look flossy. yes flossy.... i hate you.
Lol. I know how boring the parts are so I try to make it worth looking at.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man I wish you'd build a del sol..

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The oem shifter and cable system might be fine for a car going to pick up some groceries, but in a performance car this setup is definitely lacking. It is unfortunately all too common that people are missing gears with K-series transmission which can be costly.
In a stock RSX or a swapped car a mis-shift from 1-2-1 or 2-3-2 usually results in a blown motor with a big ugly hole in the block. Using feedback from our family of racers, K-Tuned has come in and developed a complete shifter system to keep the gears going where they are supposed to be.
The K-Tuned Shifter 5th Gear Lockout comes with our Shifter Billet Arm. This 100% billet aluminum arm uses a durable delrin pivot ball with much tighter clearances than stock. We also fitted the arm with a stiffer neutral return spring to help remove shifter “play” or “looseness” that people commonly complain about. Now for the tricky part, the 5th Gear Lockout is like a guide that was designed to keep the shifter going into the correct gear.
Start with a billet template that fits over the base of the oem shifter box. On this base we designed a spring loaded pin to lock the shifter out of the 5-6-R section of the shifter. By doing this the user just needs to focus on shifting to 4 corners.
However we made it with 2 settings. When setup in the release setting, 4th gear opens the shifter up for a normal shift to 5th if needed. Designed to fit all oem shifter boxes from K20A/A2/ and Z1 engines and also the EM2 Civic shifter box, this part is like an insurance policy for your engine. Street car or race car our guided 5th Gear Lockout will definitely keep your gears going in the right spot.

lifted from k-tuned

I plan to have a pretty restricted exhaust setup. I'm old, I don't want to hear s*** out my exhaust.
Ha! I share the sentiment.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man I wish you'd build an 20b peripheral port RX7.
I believe your shameless attempt at getting people to check out your build link by changing anothers quote constitutes as thread jacking.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe your shameless attempt at getting people to check out your build link by changing anothers quote constitutes as thread jacking.
Im not building a rx7. The f**k are you talking about?

Plus there's like 5 active members. Im pretty sure if they dont know what im building then theyre retarded. Ok thx bye

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man I wish you'd build a del sol..
Id like to do a hated chassis like the ep3 or em2, even a crz. Outside of Honda, I'm only interested in the frs/brz. I just like small lightweights. Big cats with big engines seems to easy. I respect them, but it's boring.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Id like to do a hated chassis like the ep3 or em2, even a crz. Outside of Honda, I'm only interested in the frs/brz. I just like small lightweights. Big cats with big engines seems to easy. I respect them, but it's boring.

If you do an ep3 then I'd get jealous yours looks better then mine. Lmao

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I almost sold my civic to get an frs, but I was too attatched and read all the problems people where having with the new ones.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New cars are nice because they come built already. All that is left to do is to drive it and modify it if you want.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New cars are nice because they come built already. All that is left to do is to drive it and modify it if you want.
yeah, that's my attraction to a new car. I'm a bit OCD so i find a ton of little things i want/need to replace on these older cars. It gets a little annoying at times.

In other news, finally heard back from the Ebay user, my steering rack shipped out today (the day it should have arrived no later than) but he explained the delay.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well dont be a cock tease, do tell... what was the delay...

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How come I don't have that stuff above my username info?

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
I bought a Nikon D3100. I'm hoping I can take amazing pics of my car like you do of yours. lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well dont be a cock tease, do tell... what was the delay...
Dude was in the hospital. Contacted me and shipped it with tracking info shortly after. He did have a 100% feedback with just under 300 transactions.

I bought a Nikon D3100. I'm hoping I can take amazing pics of my car like you do of yours. lol

It's a much better camera than mine but it just depends on if you know how to use it