CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm just going to put this out there, if you EVER get truly tired of those NT03s, I call mutha freakin' dibs. I'll have the money for them paypaled to you so fast you'll think it hit vtec yo. =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just going to put this out there, if you EVER get truly tired of those NT03s, I call mutha freakin' dibs. I'll have the money for them paypaled to you so fast you'll think it hit vtec yo. =)
Hahaha, that'll make you around 6th in line.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
How much power you think this baby will have when it's installed? You have a target goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much power you think this baby will have when it's installed? You have a target goal?

Im hoping just around 220whp 180tq. Modest goals for a N/A setup, I want to put out 250/200, which should only take some cams and a different intake manifold.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Im hoping just around 220whp 180tq. Modest goals for a N/A setup, I want to put out 250/200, which should only take some cams and a different intake manifold.

Is 300 whp for a n/a setup to much then?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I gotta say, this is one of the most intricate and meticulous builds I've seen and it's looking phenomenal.

After thinking about an engine for my old EJ2, I came to the realization the shell isn't worth it. Rethinking motors and seeing why you went with what you first recommended to me, I'm thinking the new ride will see some K series love.

Sick ride, looks amazing. Subscribing to this. Inspiring me to want to start a build of my own...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I gotta say, this is one of the most intricate and meticulous builds I've seen and it's looking phenomenal.

After thinking about an engine for my old EJ2, I came to the realization the shell isn't worth it. Rethinking motors and seeing why you went with what you first recommended to me, I'm thinking the new ride will see some K series love.

Sick ride, looks amazing. Subscribing to this. Inspiring me to want to start a build of my own...
Thanks man, i'll keep an eye out for your project
Is 300 whp for a n/a setup to much then?
300whp isn't too much, but I'd have to dive into the block (which i don't want to do). At a minimum i'd need to jump up to some 12.5:1 CR pistons for that kind of power. Still doesn't take much to get there, but i'm trying to leave the oem goodness in this motor. A DIC cam may be the most i'll do internally so that it's still oem reliable.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
300whp isn't too much, but I'd have to dive into the block (which i don't want to do). At a minimum i'd need to jump up to some 12.5:1 CR pistons for that kind of power. Still doesn't take much to get there, but i'm trying to leave the oem goodness in this motor. A DIC cam may be the most i'll do internally so that it's still oem reliable.

When I build my engine my goal is 300 whp and I was wondering if that was a realistic goal. I'm guessing from your response I'd be losing reliability in the process?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I build my engine my goal is 300 whp and I was wondering if that was a realistic goal. I'm guessing from your response I'd be losing reliability in the process?
Not necessarily. I don't know of a solid shop that I trust to build the motor for me and I don't have what it takes to do it myself, so in my case it's a bit sketchy to go that deep into a build. Running a block with aftermarket rods and 12.5:1 pistons (so you can stay on pump gas if e85 isn't available) isn't anything outrageous. 300whp is common territory with a k24 or k20/k24 combo. Squeezing 300 out of a K20 is a little more difficult, or detailed i should say.

Motors are as reliable as the builder and the parts used. So you can make a 300whp setup and daily it no problem as long as it's done right.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
More traction ordered. Yay.

16 more days before I start yanking out crap. I'm excited

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, all swap related stuff for now. Got a deadline to meet.

Ktuned Pro series traction bars

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's Monday....let's buy some s**t

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U and me both! Oh wait. No im not
You don't have to buy, you can just fab things anyway
ugh, take your time bro! but good luck regardless.
Not rushing really, I just have a planned set of time to knock this out in a casual manner. I don't want to have the car apart for several days. Ordered the last needed thing today anyway along with some goodies that I've been wanting :twisted:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't have to buy, you can just fab things anyway

Not rushing really, I just have a planned set of time to knock this out in a casual manner. I don't want to have the car apart for several days. Ordered the last needed thing today anyway along with some goodies that I've been wanting :twisted:
word. that steering rack, is that manual?