CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like any other exhaust video lol, don't know why everyone is freaking out. The WS2 sounds good in person but kinda loses it on video. Definitely can tell its quick revving tho.
You haven't heard too many K series 3 inch clips lol.

Feeling official with the K-Tuned badge slapped on.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesome job. everything looks really good. looking forward to a video of it running after its tuned.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are you attending the hot import nights event tomorrow???

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just went to wekfest. Won't be any different for hin. Houston is too slow to change up

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
By the way, I don't recall seeing whether you used the top or bottom mount holes... what's your ground/hood clearance like?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
By the way, I don't recall seeing whether you used the top or bottom mount holes... what's your ground/hood clearance like?
I followed Hasport's install advice. With a K24, they suggest using the bottom holes for the front mounts, and the top hole in the rear. With this setup, the hood clears fine without any modifications.

The top holes can be used for extra ground clearance but the hood skin will need to be cut or the hood will need to be spaced.

My ground clearance is just about 3", probably slightly less. My front end sits a little bit lower with the K in there. I haven't readjusted the coilovers to make up for the extra weight. I did all the measuring prior to the swap from a thread on K20a.org about oil pan clearance. I noticed the same amount of clearance at a certain ride height when measured from the floor to the center of the fender. Then I adjusted my coilovers until i'd have 3" of oil pan clearance. I just didn't account for the weight.

The Apexi WS2 resonator is as low as the oil pan for an easier reference.

Been having some fun in the car and some minor annoyances but parts are already on the way to fix it back up. My old clutch master cylinder doesn't appreciate the 6 puck clutch and pressure plate combo. It's no longer maintaining pressure and gradually getting worse. It's been bled several times as a just in case.

Got a S2000 cmc, Checkerd sports spacer, and new firewall seal is on the way. Also ran into another annoyance, busted a brake line on the passenger side front so I have a pair of braided brake lines on the way as well.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Been having some fun in the car and some minor annoyances but parts are already on the way to fix it back up. My old clutch master cylinder doesn't appreciate the 6 puck clutch and pressure plate combo. It's no longer maintaining pressure and gradually getting worse. It's been bled several times as a just in case.

Got a S2000 cmc, Checkerd sports spacer, and new firewall seal is on the way. Also ran into another annoyance, busted a brake line on the passenger side front so I have a pair of braided brake lines on the way as well.
I'm glad you mentioned this, because it's something else I've been wondering about. I have not bought my clutch mastercylinder or slave cylinder yet. I was only really thinking about the issue because the clutch master is going out on my Si... but it's been pushing an ACT stage 2 clutch for almost 100k miles now. But I'm going to be getting stronger than stage 2 for my swap.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One of the Goodridge lines went?
yeah, but not under normal conditions, it was my fault 100%. I noticed pedal pressure changes in the clutch pedal pressure and I was playing with the brakes and clutch pedal with the car off and I stepped hard as hell on the brakes and popped a line lol. Stupid stuff but whatever.

I'm glad you mentioned this, because it's something else I've been wondering about. I have not bought my clutch mastercylinder or slave cylinder yet. I was only really thinking about the issue because the clutch master is going out on my Si... but it's been pushing an ACT stage 2 clutch for almost 100k miles now. But I'm going to be getting stronger than stage 2 for my swap.
Any untouched parts are showing their weaknesses. Good thing there aren't many parts that aren't brand new on the car.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking fire in here! Mind me asking what lines you decided to go with this time around?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gangster requote going on... I noticed there aren't many pics of clearances and typically just words...words are boring AF. So here's a visual.

I believe there is about an inch difference in hole height if the upper front holes were used

Here's a visual of the ground clearance. I think there's more people with an A'PEXi ws2 than K swaps so, the low hanging resonator section is perfectly even with the lowest point on my k24 steel oil pan. So if you ride around scraping your A'PEXi b pipe, a K isnt for you.

Looking fire in here! Mind me asking what lines you decided to go with this time around?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Ill be sticking with the same brake lines as suggested by Wilwood. I just have to do a driver mod hahaha.

Got my new TPS, thanks K-tuned. This thing even feels beefy compared to my current unit.

Decided to switch from a heavy knob to a light one for awhile.

Also, something strange happened, I took a pic of the car outside of the garage lol. Also finally rerouted my brake booster line so that it doesn't slap you in the face but it'll still be connected in the same place until I switch manifolds.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The last photo is my favorite!

What do your neighbors say about your build? Random question I know but when I was a kid there was an old man that was restoring an old 60's mustang and I always kept up with it. Would be cool if there was some kid that stayed up with your build just seeing it occasionally lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The last photo is my favorite!

What do your neighbors say about your build? Random question I know but when I was a kid there was an old man that was restoring an old 60's mustang and I always kept up with it. Would be cool if there was some kid that stayed up with your build just seeing it occasionally lol
That's my fave too haha! I do most of my modding in the garage with the door down, so nobody sees anything really. Knowing the people in my area, they would probably think the car is just broken all the time and im out fixing it lol. A couple of UPS and FedEx drivers know what i'm throwing together but they don't see the car often either. When they have seen the motor on the pallet, they just say, "Is that thing even going to fit in that little car?!"