CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys

Bad ass indeed.. I found a k24a4 long block with 80k miles for 600 dollars at the salvage yard I usually go rummage through
Accord blocks are always cheap. A good way to start a Frankenstein motor. Accord block, new pistons, and a cheap tsx head or k20z3 head. It would be like a baby tsx longblock

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, it would start like, "oh this is a good price.. I could build a cheap Frankenstein swap like Kerry said.."

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Accord blocks are always cheap. A good way to start a Frankenstein motor. Accord block, new pistons, and a cheap tsx head or k20z3 head. It would be like a baby tsx longblock
Several local engine importer's I've talked to are selling the K24A2's for $1,000-1,300.... They're labeled as TSX/Odyssey Absolute engines.... supposedly the same specs between the two, with different ecm programming.
I can't find any real information on the Absolute version that says it's different from a TSX motor, and nobody seems to have any answers to the questions about if there's anything really different internally.
I'll be picking one up soon for myself though.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^the one I found is labeled to be removed from an 05' element.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Several local engine importer's I've talked to are selling the K24A2's for $1,000-1,300.... They're labeled as TSX/Odyssey Absolute engines.... supposedly the same specs between the two, with different ecm programming.
I can't find any real information on the Absolute version that says it's different from a TSX motor, and nobody seems to have any answers to the questions about if there's anything really different internally.
I'll be picking one up soon for myself though.
That's a pretty normal price on a tsx motor honestly. Haven't heard about the odyssey either
^the one I found is labeled to be removed from an 05' element.
Accord and element are the same. The low end k24s. CRVs are the next step up just because they are ready to accept a k20 or tsx head as is without swapping pistons or anything.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ktuned released the 90mm throttle body...... Guess I'm gonna have a 90mm throttle body =)

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Where do you look on the engine to find the engine code stamp on K series? Like you would read "B16A" on the front of a block

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm still curious to see the output of your current setup.
I am too. This setup will be dyno'd first. That new throttle body will be mated with a new intake manifold to match it so it might take some time before it's slapped on. This was just a little heads up as to what's next
Where do you look on the engine to find the engine code stamp on K series? Like you would read "B16A" on the front of a block
Same thing here. It's in front but on the opposite end. Follow the right hand side of the valve cover (when facing the front of the engine) and go straight down. It's along the bump where the starter motor goes in.

Also if the sticker is still intact, it's along the timing chain cover closer to the rear of the motor

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Swapped out my coil pack cover for a carbon fiber password jdm one. Gonna keep my generation 1 spoon one in hiding for awhile. I'll probably end up getting the newer spoon one later.

not really showing anything here...just thought the shot was cool lol

Had to fix my radiator fan. I originally had a single fan in the center in the engine bay.....yeah, i totally didn't think it out beforehand. (surprised nobody said anything since everyone has been quick to talk about my valve cover lol) The fan had a very small area it could draw air into the bay. Knowing that it's going to get hot as balls out here eventually, i figured I should knock this is out. Threw both of my 10" fans in on the front side of the radiator. Now it's cold as ice. Drove around for awhile and popped the hood, and the radiator was cool enough to touch on the the fins. I was a little surprised

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think it just clutters the bay. All that time and money spent on "cool" parts and you leave the battery. Just doesnt make sense to me.
I don't have anything special besides my valve cover. Everything else is just normally needed parts. I do have that Ktuned battery tie down though. To me, adding more wire and just moving the battery to another spot doesn't serve any purpose to me. It's not a show car, so it doesn't matter and I just polished and shined up s**t to keep myself busy while saved up cash lol. If I cared enough, the battery, brake lines, brake booster, radiator, and all those mounting points on the firewall would be gone. But ehhhh ;)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just saying it looks out of place. Everything looks great imo except for the IM and the battery. I remember u saying u planned on a new IM so that would just leave the battery imo...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just saying it looks out of place. Everything looks great imo except for the IM and the battery. I remember u saying u planned on a new IM so that would just leave the battery imo...
i feel ya. My battery is also hiding the entry point of my engine harness as well as the charge harness and o2 wiring. That was another reason I didn't want to move it. It's just convenient. The intake manifold will be changed out for sure whether if I make good power or not with the new setup.