CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol what is left cosmetically? Besides paint.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol what is left cosmetically? Besides paint.
over the top stuff. First molding canards, another set of mracing mirrors, spoon hood, spoon rear diffuser, debating an oem si spoiler.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
over the top stuff. First molding canards, another set of mracing mirrors, spoon hood, spoon rear diffuser, debating an oem si spoiler.

I like the si spoilers. Canards are gonna be sick. Loving these latest upgrades though, really tying it all together.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can't wait for the aero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Minor maintenance time. Got some sputtering, need to replace the valve cover gaskets.

Replaced my corner light bulbs with some amber ones for a proper ctr headlight look. 5 dollar mods for the win!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Those oem replacements

Couple of pics just for the hell of it

Stock tsx seeing 8k often and daily duty

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K-Tuned 80mm throttle body

massive

dirty

a ton of porting to do

I could have ported more on the right hand side, but I was happy with what I did. I tapered it inward, i'm no racer

Installed. Need a 3.5" intake tube and v stack now

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im such a k nubling, i didnt even know they used a chain! thats nifty.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im such a k nubling, i didnt even know they used a chain! thats nifty.
Haha, yeah. The k is so simple. Timing chain and auto tensioners, pin holes to lock cams in place perfectly in time, tons of timing marks... the only hard thing is native k cars with their limited space.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Drool.

Looks good!

Are you going to be getting another dyno tune, or doing another dyno run to see what kind of gains you'll get from these next mods?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Drool.

Looks good!

Are you going to be getting another dyno tune, or doing another dyno run to see what kind of gains you'll get from these next mods?
I'm planning to. My tuner got rid ofor his heartbreaker mustang dyno though. So results won't compare well to my first tune. Hopefully I can get a new intake knocked out and on the new dyno. I'm hoping to do a couple of pulls with the new setup and a couple open header to see what's held back

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some "because I have to sit around waiting for parts with nothing to update" pics

Had some questions about the throttle cable bracket height. It's a bit lower than most others and flippable so clearance is great

Closed obviously

Open

RJochim

Just read this ENTIRE thread! Took me quite a while... I am very impressed with everything you've done with this car. Such attention to detail and thought process is a true inspiration to me. Keep up the great work! SUBSCRIBED!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everything in that bay shines! :lol: awesome!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just read this ENTIRE thread! Took me quite a while... I am very impressed with everything you've done with this car. Such attention to detail and thought process is a true inspiration to me. Keep up the great work! SUBSCRIBED!
I appreciate it. That's way too much to read haha. I probably wouldn't do it
Crazy build :drool:

:thumbs up
Thanks ! :cool:

short vids, because i'm too lazy for long ones
[YOUTUBE="Stock K24 pew pew"]usjibYIa3rk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="K-tuned 80mm"]jKnOynRChKo[/YOUTUBE]

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you ever wish you had the red hatch still or are you content with the coupe? Do you like it more?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you ever wish you had the red hatch still or are you content with the coupe? Do you like it more?
Only when it comes to certain cosmetics. Other than that, I'm happy with the coupe. They were a pretty even trade off, the hatch looked good but random mechanical issues everywhere. This coupe is rough looking but really sound. Both would need a proper paint job and body work, so really I'm better off with the coupe.