CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

Genyc07

Ok so I can close my hood and keep my cup holders, pwr steering and ac? I'm sold. I hope you don't mind but there may be a second k24 coupe on the board. Don't worry I have my own style so I won't duplicate your car but as I go I hope you don't mind me asking you for advice along the way. I have the money and desire to complete this. If you see any bargains out there lmk I'm going to start looking for my doner engine after the first of the year. Thank you im really jacked to go back and read your entire thread

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so I can close my hood and keep my cup holders, pwr steering and ac? I'm sold. I hope you don't mind but there may be a second k24 coupe on the board. Don't worry I have my own style so I won't duplicate your car but as I go I hope you don't mind me asking you for advice along the way. I have the money and desire to complete this. If you see any bargains out there lmk I'm going to start looking for my doner engine after the first of the year. Thank you im really jacked to go back and read your entire thread
Yup you can keep them all. It's all in how you go about doing the swap and spending on the things you need to get it done. I wish there were more k swaps on club civic actually. Don't worry about my styling, I have new things cooking up all the time, and feel free to ask questions.

Genyc07

Awesome well that's it then k24 coming... I expect to be doing a rebuild on a junk yard find when I find one. I know things sell for different prices everywhere. But what would you expect to pay for a tsx engine on a part out

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome well that's it then k24 coming... I expect to be doing a rebuild on a junk yard find when I find one. I know things sell for different prices everywhere. But what would you expect to pay for a tsx engine on a part out
around a grand to 1500. Any more than that and I would expect to be buying a tsx longblock through a reputable engine dealer like hmotors.

Part outs for K series things are a gold mine if you don't mind second hand parts.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some moves that I don't plan to finish anytime soon.

Going to be getting rid of this valve cover, hopefully soon

I was planning to go up to the 12.19" BBK with 6POT calipers, but i'm just going to get new rotors and freshen up this setup and get myself a set of 215/45s Yokohama AD08R

Genyc07

Nice... I'm going to work on my suspension and brakes while hunting down a swap. I don't wanna go much lower than stock. I live in the Mts of north east pa and if i get to low and stiff I'm afraid the car will just shake apart so I will most likely have to pay up on the suspension and try a few different set ups. I was actually geting ready to do the integra rear brake swap on my ex but I'm not sure if that will be enough brakes for what I want to do now any thoughts? I was actually planning on ordering new bushings for the swap sanding and reprinting next week.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice... I'm going to work on my suspension and brakes while hunting down a swap. I don't wanna go much lower than stock. I live in the Mts of north east pa and if i get to low and stiff I'm afraid the car will just shake apart so I will most likely have to pay up on the suspension and try a few different set ups. I was actually geting ready to do the integra rear brake swap on my ex but I'm not sure if that will be enough brakes for what I want to do now any thoughts? I was actually planning on ordering new bushings for the swap sanding and reprinting next week.
The rear brakes aren't doing much of the work anyway, I wouldn't worry about the rears so much. I still have drums on my rear, but 4pot 11" brakes up front.

Genyc07

I think I saw you used willwood 4pot calipers and dynalite 11 inch rotors? Is that still the set up? Did u change your mc or prop valve or need any custom brackets? Were they on ek axels? Did you have to modify or use other brake lines for your set up?

Do u still have the caliper part number?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I saw you used willwood 4pot calipers and dynalite 11 inch rotors? Is that still the set up? Did u change your mc or prop valve or need any custom brackets? Were they on ek axels? Did you have to modify or use other brake lines for your set up?

Do u still have the caliper part number?
Yeah that's the same setup still. Stock HX master cylinder is still in use, stock prop valve as well. There is a bracket included in the BBK kit. The kit is designed specifically for the CX/DX/HX knuckles that have the small 9.4" oem brakes. No modification is necessary, you buy the kit and bolt it on. You do have to get brake lines to go along with it, but that is mentioned on the wilwood site when you order the kit.

here is the BBK ( can be found cheaper through places like JEGS)
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdFront.aspx?itemno=140-8695

here is the brake line kit
http://www.wilwood.com/LineKits/LineKitsProd.aspx?itemno=220-6419

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are your new plans for the valve cover?
Just going to have a brand new z3 cover for now until I figure out what I want to do. I want another bling cover but I need a better source to get it through this time

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just going to have a brand new z3 cover for now until I figure out what I want to do. I want another bling cover but I need a better source to get it through this time

Why not use the same guys who did this one? You have a black bay so almost any color will pop. Anyway looking forward to see what you come up with. I'm sure wekfest gave you a few ideas.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child,

you ever think about doing 99-00 Front conversion?
What's harder to find parts for; 98-96 or 99-00? I'm talking your language here; JDM parts. Front-end parts.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child,

you ever think about doing 99-00 Front conversion?
What's harder to find parts for; 98-96 or 99-00? I'm talking your language here; JDM parts. Front-end parts.
Im into keeping the car the way it came, so it being a 97, it'll stay with the zenki exterior. It's harder to find 96-98 exterior parts since the later model is more popular. I passed on an interior item that I'm regretting now. The oem navigation console. I hadn't planned on removing heat and a/c at the time.

Why not use the same guys who did this one? You have a black bay so almost any color will pop. Anyway looking forward to see what you come up with. I'm sure wekfest gave you a few ideas.
A few reasons. CNS has since slipped away and gone a bit silent, and also because it wasn't the smoothest experience, nor was my valve cover 100% right. The original spark plug seals were baked into the valve cover, so new seals didn't fit perfectly. I had to scrape out as much as I could. Also the coilpack cover studs on the back end got rounded off at the top, making it so that I cant put the nuts on them without grinding or cutting them down. Of course none of this made the valve cover unusable, but it was annoying for me. I also didn't get my actactual valve cover I dropped off to be chromed. My 3 week turn around time was passed and I was hounding him about getting my cover back. He then told me he had another black chrome cover for someone else who never paid up for it yet, so he would offer me that one to avoid a longer wait....since I was told I had to pay up front for chrome work ;)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's very understandable. I've had some small issue with the guy I deal with for powder coating. Turn around time being one of the biggest issues. I'm going to look for someone new to do my work in the future but I have a few people in mind.

zccivicex

5+ Year Member
I bought a valve cover he had in stock and it still took him 3 months to get mine to me. He shaved the lettering off of it and deff did it in a hurry. We don't need people like him in business anyway. I just hope he takes more pride in the work on his personal car then he did on my valve cover

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought a valve cover he had in stock and it still took him 3 months to get mine to me. He shaved the lettering off of it and deff did it in a hurry. We don't need people like him in business anyway. I just hope he takes more pride in the work on his personal car then he did on my valve cover ��
Yeah it's a shame. He has incredible stuff for his car. Oh well.

Getting some of my new stuff together like old times...polishing

Downstar valve cover hardware

redesigned K24/K20z3 K-Tuned water neck
Dremel sanded with 240 grit

skipped up to wet sanding with 800 grit (it's all I had lol)

wet sanding with 1000 grit

here's the shine with just the 1000 grit wet sanding

then I just did one pass with Blue Magic polish to get this

I normally never sand anything and just polish raw metal, but I figured I'd try it on this piece since it was clear anodized.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
still just replacing minor things here and there that aren't proper on the car. Had a tail light bulb burn out on me and I went to replace it with plain bulbs and noticed some LED bulbs at good old AutoZone. Decided to try them out and i regret it lol. The light output was significantly brighter, but this particular type of LED didn't communicate with the car too well, causing my gauge cluster lights to illuminate when the brake pedal was pressed. So a new set of oem bulbs went right in and we're good to go.

replaced all the rear lights and decided to clean my license plate lights for a better output rather than the cheesy LEDs.
Should have done this long ago.

And just a couple of pics of the econobox

The 80mm that people think you lose driveability with lol

blah

Just recently picked up a new coilpack cover to go with the new valve cover hardware and future setup. Just need to get a valve cover and throw it all on.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice pictures man. I gotta get someone to take shots of my car before the overhaul so I can have some before and after pictures. That's weird the led lights cause that to happen.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't keep up with this! As always, good stuff ;)