CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This year is about turbo. So I'll be collecting all the parts for that. Hoping to be close to 500whp on 93pump. After the turbo setup gets done, I'll start building a N/A monster. K26
Just when I think you may be approaching the completion of this beast, you let us know you plan to have it grow more claws, add another set of teeth, then feed it HGH.

If you plan to get 500whp off this engine setup, then how much do you anticipate to get out of the K26? And why not just get into that build now? My brief understanding is that a K26 build can get in the 400-500hp range anyways.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your gonna build a 2.6 liter motor I guess you have plans for this to be strictly a track car. Nice, a motor that size doesn't seem streetable. The Pistons used in that kind of engine have short skirts which is ideal for racing but not regular driving. At least all motor Pistons. Can't wait to see what you have in store once you get around to all that.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just when I think you may be approaching the completion of this beast, you let us know you plan to have it grow more claws, add another set of teeth, then feed it HGH.

If you plan to get 500whp off this engine setup, then how much do you anticipate to get out of the K26? And why not just get into that build now? My brief understanding is that a K26 build can get in the 400-500hp range anyways.
I'm hoping for high 300s, low 400s on the all motor build. The reason I'm not doing that already is partly because of cost and partly because I want this current engine finished first. I'm leaving this one stock and reliable. I was originally going to just do bolt ons on this engine but with ITBs, but the cost vs performance was too off balanced so I decided on stock boost for it. The big build was always in the background once this one was finished. So I always have an engine to fall back on.

If your gonna build a 2.6 liter motor I guess you have plans for this to be strictly a track car. Nice, a motor that size doesn't seem streetable. The Pistons used in that kind of engine have short skirts which is ideal for racing but not regular driving. At least all motor Pistons. Can't wait to see what you have in store once you get around to all that.
Not really a strict track car, but something to beat on and I don't plan to daily drive that engine. I wanted to do something extreme like that to keep me busy and have something to look forward to.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maintenance time. Honda genuine oil and a S2000 oil filter. Good to go.

Just a random shot because I have a trigger happy shutter finger

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why do YOU use the S2000 oil filter? I've been researching alot on whats the best oil filter to use and the info gets too diluted. The only conclusion I come to is S2000 oil filters are made by a reputable Japanese company (Toyo Roki) while all other honda oil filters are now made by Fram and are of lesser quality.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why do YOU use the S2000 oil filter? I've been researching alot on whats the best oil filter to use and the info gets too diluted. The only conclusion I come to is S2000 oil filters are made by a reputable Japanese company (Toyo Roki) while all other honda oil filters are now made by Fram and are of lesser quality.
2 reasons....I didn't stock up on my HAMP Synergy oil filters and secondly because the s2000 oil filter increases oil pressure (like the synergy oil filters do). :cool: I already push my tsx longblock to 8100rpm frequentyl on the stock oil pump, so i appreciate having the extra oil pressure

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Still love the car but I really liked the work wheels better, any chance the work wheels will make a come back to tha coupe?
The Work wheels were never on the car, only two test fits....one of 15's and one of 16's. There's no comeback, once I have the full set of 16's they'll be on the car. The rare enkei NT03 were only bought because I NEEDED a set of wheels that cleared the BBK. The 15" Works only cleared the brakes with a O-disk which put the wheels far past the fenders and even then, they only had 2mm of clearance past the caliper and Work recommended no less than 3mm.

but glad you like the future...

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2 reasons....I didn't stock up on my HAMP Synergy oil filters and secondly because the s2000 oil filter increases oil pressure (like the synergy oil filters do). :cool: I already push my tsx longblock to 8100rpm frequentyl on the stock oil pump, so i appreciate having the extra oil pressure
Being that I trust your attention to detail, would you approve the S2000 oil filter for use on my stock HX engine? I need to change mine soon but cant decide definitively on a filter. I run synthetic oil, by the way.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Being that I trust your attention to detail, would you approve the S2000 oil filter for use on my stock HX engine? I need to change mine soon but cant decide definitively on a filter. I run synthetic oil, by the way.
For your application I'd say just because it is a quality oil filter, but it may be pricey compared to other good alternatives. The increase in oil pressure really isn't as useful in a stock hx, so it's not really helpful for you but it's not like it's harmful either. This filter was 15 bucks.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Two for the front

Head of quality control overseeing the load up process

And two in the trunk. Going to get the alignment touched up so that I don't waste these away like the last set.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Refresh my memory...which wilwood brake setup are you running? Just fronts or front and rear?
Thoughts on them?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Refresh my memory...which wilwood brake setup are you running? Just fronts or front and rear?
Thoughts on them?
Just front for now. I have the 11" 4pot dynalite caliper setup on plain rotors. My thoughts, they are pretty damn good. A lot more brake than my S drives can actually handle. There is a bit of a soft pedal feel but that's about as negative as I can get with them. Very very lightweight even compared to the 9.8" stock rotors and calipers. I only considered going bigger for the look of it.

I do want to eventually get matching 11"rear setup. I have no need for it, so it's been on the back burner for awhile now.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just front for now. I have the 11" 4pot dynalite caliper setup on plain rotors. My thoughts, they are pretty damn good. A lot more brake than my S drives can actually handle. There is a bit of a soft pedal feel but that's about as negative as I can get with them. Very very lightweight even compared to the 9.8" stock rotors and calipers. I only considered going bigger for the look of it.

I do want to eventually get matching 11"rear setup. I have no need for it, so it's been on the back burner for awhile now.
Gotcha, They certainly do look nice!
It''s been years since I've really done much to my car and I'm looking to do some more mods now, wilwoods potentially being one. I do have the large integra fronts and rear disc conversion... but i doubt they compare at all to a wildwood setup!

Loving the build as always man, always enjoy peeping your pictures!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gotcha, They certainly do look nice!
It''s been years since I've really done much to my car and I'm looking to do some more mods now, wilwoods potentially being one. I do have the large integra fronts and rear disc conversion... but i doubt they compare at all to a wildwood setup!

Loving the build as always man, always enjoy peeping your pictures!
Thanks dude, can't wait to get this boost going so I can have some mean numbers like you.

The wilwood bbk kicks ass though. Ive sort of grown into them and don't really notice the quick braking until someone rides with me. I'm sure you'd like them. Just be sure to check your wheel clearance.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So between the horsepower and the stopping power, I'm assuming that your passengers are either leaning forward or being pressed into the seat at all times :lol:

I'm loving this build and I'm glad you decided to go turbo!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, i've got some smoke at idle and it's burning a bit of oil. I noticed a common oil buildup near the drivers side rear of the head, so I have a new headgasket to go in as well. No coolant in the oil or anything though. The engine will be opened up at JTran's soon so i'll see if I need to do a bit more or not.

supertech valve stem seals and valve guides