CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Even better, Steve from hmotors
Lol... nice... I would ask what happened but I know that in true CHILD fashion you would make us wait lol

turbomoonie

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
reminds of that scene from initial d when bunta gets the new motor for the hachi....

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry for everyone who was expecting for me to go through with a K20 swap....

I bought a K24a2 longblock instead =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok mr. pimp daddy money rolls

got racks on rack on racks up in rack city

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well then! I thought you said after tax return?! Hmm even better though! Are you going to run all k24 or a hybrid motor? And whhat tranny are you using?!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well then! I thought you said after tax return?! Hmm even better though! Are you going to run all k24 or a hybrid motor? And whhat tranny are you using?!
Its going to be all K24. I bought a 2006 version, so its the higher compression one with the head that's more similar to the K20 (flow wise) I tried to get a RRC intake manifold as well, but they were out of stock at hmotors. Trans will be a RSX-S trans. Just gotta keep an eye out for one.

good, a k20 isn't cool any more.
:D yup. I see way too many K20 guys swapping blocks so i figured id save myself the trouble.
ok mr. pimp daddy money rolls
got racks on rack on racks up in rack city
hahahaha i wish. I need to land another solid weekly photography gig for a little more cash flow.
Lotta parts incoming with that. I'm excited!
Now i can justify picking up little things here and there for the motor. Some things were k20 or k24 specific so i didn't want to force myself onto one motor before buying one.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its going to be all K24. I bought a 2006 version, so its the higher compression one with the head that's more similar to the K20 (flow wise) I tried to get a RRC intake manifold as well, but they were out of stock at hmotors. Trans will be a RSX-S trans. Just gotta keep an eye out for one.
Nice man! I didn't fallow your Coupe build to well, but im for sure keeping in touch with this thread.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice man! I didn't fallow your Coupe build to well, but im for sure keeping in touch with this thread.
my coupe was ugly though, and it kinda built itself ( i was forced to buy most of the parts due to things breaking) I finally get to do things how i want with this one

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
don't forget the 2006 k24a2 head has a more aggressive cam design then other k24 years and models and the k20a2