CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, that's about the only thing that ever gets burned onto my header...lil bugs getting roasted. Bad thing is, once it's stained....it's stained. I can't stand when people don't clean it before the first use and it ends up turning a dark brown from the natural oils in your hands.
yeah i made sure i had cleaned mine, but after so a few thousand miles its going to get bad regardless. i might try stainless steel cleaner on it and see what happens. idk

emerican

Registered VIP
stainless steel cleaner isnt going to do much. We got that s**t at work and it dont even really clean the fridge that aint hardly dirty. May just be that brand or somethin though not sure.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One of the most beautiful engine bays every. Puts mine to shame lol. Can I ask you one thing kinda unrelated though. On my gf's y7 the dipstick tube pulls out when u pull out the dipstick sometimes. Is there something besides the oring on the bottom thats supposed to hold it up against the timing cover?

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One of the most beautiful engine bays every. Puts mine to shame lol. Can I ask you one thing kinda unrelated though. On my gf's y7 the dipstick tube pulls out when u pull out the dipstick sometimes. Is there something besides the oring on the bottom thats supposed to hold it up against the timing cover?
There is a little plastic piece on the timing cover, the tube sits just below it, mine was loose so I just pushed it all the way down & it was not come up since.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i made sure i had cleaned mine, but after so a few thousand miles its going to get bad regardless. i might try stainless steel cleaner on it and see what happens. idk
Not all that true. Here's mine from the day i installed it on my LS to a year and a half later, 30K+ miles, and a front end accident later...

There is a little plastic piece on the timing cover, the tube sits just below it, mine was loose so I just pushed it all the way down & it was not come up since.
^^^this =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Probably just because i always keep my bays clean. Im sure if i would have left it alone that it wouldn't have held up like it did. Anytime im at a car wash, i make sure to degrease and spray out the bay.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Probably just because i always keep my bays clean. Im sure if i would have left it alone that it wouldn't have held up like it did. Anytime im at a car wash, i make sure to degrease and spray out the bay.
yeah, Texas helps too. north east isnt the best place for nice, un-corroded, clean, engine bays. i need to go clean mine now

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Child just knows how to keep his s**t cleaner than anyone else on this forum... hahah!

I wrapped my turbo manifold.. because it's just a basic ram-horn, no crazy windy/bendy badass manifold like Child has.. yeah I'm jealous. Hate my car now, thanks Child, now I need to buy something hahaha.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child just knows how to keep his s*** cleaner than anyone else on this forum... hahah!

I wrapped my turbo manifold.. because it's just a basic ram-horn, no crazy windy/bendy badass manifold like Child has.. yeah I'm jealous. Hate my car now, thanks Child, now I need to buy something hahaha.
your car is dope though. Dope enough to almost need a spare car so that you can baby the built ride. Im trying to catch up to people like you!

^ yep he does just keep it cleaner lol
Im a lil OCD :cool:

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol child needs to make a DIY on his engine cleaning with products and applicator tools!

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
your car is dope though. Dope enough to almost need a spare car so that you can baby the built ride. Im trying to catch up to people like you!
Hah that's why I do have a Daily.. this car chills in my parents garage. Just sucks that I only get to see it when I visit my parents once a month. Can't wait to get a new apartment with a garage..argh!!

On a side note.. where did you get the font you use as your watermark for your photos.. I just can't find a cool one to use for my new watermark and it's making me angry!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hah that's why I do have a Daily.. this car chills in my parents garage. Just sucks that I only get to see it when I visit my parents once a month. Can't wait to get a new apartment with a garage..argh!!

On a side note.. where did you get the font you use as your watermark for your photos.. I just can't find a cool one to use for my new watermark and it's making me angry!
My font is actually a super basic font. Its Impact...but I adjusted the tracking (spacing) between the letters. I really need to render it in adobe illustrator so that I can use vector points for the letters and keep everything sharp and clear.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My font is actually a super basic font. Its Impact...but I adjusted the tracking (spacing) between the letters. I really need to render it in adobe illustrator so that I can use vector points for the letters and keep everything sharp and clear.
Impact.. well no kidding, nice!

When can we expect some more parts to come flooding in? Lately I've just been thread lurking and not doing anything with my own stuff. Wanting new wheels for my eg6 but I've just been trying to keep saving money in the bank instead of spending it on my cars (which is why I've decided to not spend any money on my EP3 besides regular maintenance.. and because all my girlfriend does is b*tch when I buy car stuff)

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol child needs to make a DIY on his engine cleaning with products and applicator tools!
OMG please do.

Jeez. I'm going to be upset if you get yours in before me. :(

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
OMG please do.
He's shared his secret in the past. Simple Green (spray it on and let it set for 10-15 minutes), some rags and some elbow grease! It cleans a bay up easy as can be, it just won't get rid of any paint scratches/blemishes. Child just knows how to buy a car in MINT condition to start off with; all he has to do is clean up the dirt and it looks brand new again!

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
He's shared his secret in the past. Simple Green (spray it on and let it set for 10-15 minutes), some rags and some elbow grease! It cleans a bay up easy as can be, it just won't get rid of any paint scratches/blemishes. Child just knows how to buy a car in MINT condition to start off with; all he has to do is clean up the dirt and it looks brand new again!
After its cleaned apply a little wax for easier cleaning next time!