CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not yet. I've been looking into some SVM 212 cams...

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not yet. I've been looking into some SVM 212 cams...
Damn, seems like your after a power number, i would (if it were me) i would wanna feel stock power right after the swap then throw a few power adding parts in the mix, like just basic swap then ride for a month and then add all these baller parts and get it tuned, thatd be how id want it but i guess i also see how you only wanna swap it once. And its also easier to do outside of the car. But dang dont you wanna fell the difference?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, seems like your after a power number, i would (if it were me) i would wanna feel stock power right after the swap then throw a few power adding parts in the mix, like just basic swap then ride for a month and then add all these baller parts and get it tuned, thatd be how id want it but i guess i also see how you only wanna swap it once. And its also easier to do outside of the car. But dang dont you wanna fell the difference?
Feeling the difference in upgrades isn't a big concern to me but I get where you're coming from. I have a simple goal as far as power goes, just a modest 250 whp. On top of that though, I want the engine to be as close to stock as possible. The 50°vtc cam gear I put in is OEM for a k20 so really it's still stock so to speak.

These cams I mentioned, are being used as drop in cams and making retarded high numbers in whp and tq but just limiting the vtc advance to 30° (a small price to pay for the performance from the cams). Even the less aggressive SVM 211 cams which are completely drop in and can utilize the full 50°vtc, are destroying all over stage 1 or drop in cams by more than 20 who in the midrange.

using a cam like this with the rest of the motor retaining that Honda reliability would be fun and worry free, and quicker than your average bolt on swap. sticking to my "a little bit of everything " style. Not super fast, not slow, not stock, but not fully built. =)

Damn this got long. :hi:

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Feeling the difference in upgrades isn't a big concern to me but I get where you're coming from. I have a simple goal as far as power goes, just a modest 250 whp. On top of that though, I want the engine to be as close to stock as possible. The 50°vtc cam gear I put in is OEM for a k20 so really it's still stock so to speak.

These cams I mentioned, are being used as drop in cams and making retarded high numbers in whp and tq but just limiting the vtc advance to 30° (a small price to pay for the performance from the cams). Even the less aggressive SVM 211 cams which are completely drop in and can utilize the full 50°vtc, are destroying all over stage 1 or drop in cams by more than 20 who in the midrange.

using a cam like this with the rest of the motor retaining that Honda reliability would be fun and worry free, and quicker than your average bolt on swap. sticking to my "a little bit of everything " style. Not super fast, not slow, not stock, but not fully built. =)

Damn this got long. :hi:
another sig worthy few words! thanks for more inspiration!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love it.

I remember when I got my first civic and ordered a short ram intake for it, while I was waiting for it to be delivered I spent some time looking to see what bolts need to be removed to remove the intake arm and resonator, etc. So when it finally arrived I took the old one off and threw the new one on in like two minutes flat.

Noob days though, but that's how I see this k swap going. You've taken so much time and paid attention to every little detail and spent countless hours researching what you need to make it work how YOU want it to. That's how I know this build will be perfect when you've finally pieced it all together.

I just can't get enough! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Love it.

I remember when I got my first civic and ordered a short ram intake for it, while I was waiting for it to be delivered I spent some time looking to see what bolts need to be removed to remove the intake arm and resonator, etc. So when it finally arrived I took the old one off and threw the new one on in like two minutes flat.

Noob days though, but that's how I see this k swap going. You've taken so much time and paid attention to every little detail and spent countless hours researching what you need to make it work how YOU want it to. That's how I know this build will be perfect when you've finally pieced it all together.

I just can't get enough! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:word:

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did some forever needed simple work. Threw some paint on my windshield wipers.

....and i dont like it.
I want to buy some brand new ones. I didnt think i'd like painting them...grrrr. oh well
Cheap parts, and no, they just don't look as nice newly painted as bnib.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Still killin it bro!
:thumbs up thanks!

I've been covering some extra medical expenses for my wife and the baby, but everything is looking good now and we only have a month and 3 weeks to go!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great pic as always man. You find some great location man. Right under the street light with no one else in sight.