Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks so sick!
Looking good child
Looks awesome bro...
Wanna sell it? hmmmm
Just finished reading your entire thread then your previous build and then this one for the second time, whole reason why I signed up in these forums haha. You sir have amazing attention to detail and have inspired me to do some work on my ek haha Might even make a build thread of my own!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Thanks a lot :thumbs up

can i see a shot straight from the side?!
I'll have to take one. I've been adjusting the height and the roll the last few days to get it as low and also funtional at the same time. Had to raise it a 1/4" front and back and also trim a small section of the rear bumper so the tires can clear without increasing negative camber.

I just got an alignment done today thanks to a good friend. Just got my Toe set back to zero

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cant wait for pics! hope you get it all figured out and dialed in just how you want it..GOOD LUCK

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4 way 6x9's
How 's the sound from those speakers? they look good. What are you doing for the front?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How 's the sound from those speakers? they look good. What are you doing for the front?
They sound really good. nice and full sound. They handle some decent low tones but nothing to go crazy over. For the front, i had a couple of XS-GTX1640 6-1/2" 4-way speakers left from my last coupe that i threw up front. (Sony owns my life lol)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They sound really good. nice and full sound. They handle some decent low tones but nothing to go crazy over. For the front, i had a couple of XS-GTX1640 6-1/2" 4-way speakers left from my last coupe that i threw up front. (Sony owns my life lol)
Sorry to insult you :P but, any experience with Pioneer ? My hatch needs new speakers, Badly. I'm wanting Sony and Pioneer right now. Pioneer only because my only experience from them is just on a Head unite thats in the car now. Old school thing too, Super Tunner III. And you already know why i would consider Sony.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Naw, haven't used any pioneer gear so i couldn't tell ya. Im not too much of a audiophile. What i've noticed from friends is that most setups seem to work best with matching brands. Its like they are tailored to work together (which makes sense) but i also know that's not always the case.

ZeroMech63

Is it wierd if I got a tingly feeling around my private area when I seen the final outcome on the drop?.... I hope not... When it comes to a clean honda ur like a God and that hatch my friend is ur 6lb baby Jesus.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Naw, haven't used any pioneer gear so i couldn't tell ya. Im not too much of a audiophile. What i've noticed from friends is that most setups seem to work best with matching brands. Its like they are tailored to work together (which makes sense) but i also know that's not always the case.
YOU are spot on. Matching the brands gets you the best sound. I worked in car audio and home audio for awhile and mixing things up and trying to get a good sound system doesnt seem to work as nice as the alll matching brands. so far i would say sony pioneer and kenwood are leading...as far as quality goes though i would put JL audio out there for the best. they have great subs and amplifiers.then MTX Audio..

Hecz i hope this helps you!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the extent of my flushness. Dont want to be any closer than this.

flush enough for me by ks.childstar, on Flickr

not too much, not too little by ks.childstar, on Flickr

not too much, not too little by ks.childstar, on Flickr

Finally happy with my settings, so i went to get squared away with an alignment

fix that toe by ks.childstar, on Flickr

Got my toe fixed and the hatch rides soo smooth now.

fix that toe by ks.childstar, on Flickr

getting aligned by ks.childstar, on Flickr

getting aligned by ks.childstar, on Flickr

Kinda re-considering that spoon lip...but we'll see.

this is why you dont go straight by ks.childstar, on Flickr

hmmm by ks.childstar, on Flickr

just some random shots for the heck of it....

slightly aggressive by ks.childstar, on Flickr

Untitled by ks.childstar, on Flickr

interior by ks.childstar, on Flickr

just enough clearance

little bit of rubbing by ks.childstar, on Flickr

Tried out some Mother's Back to Black...works pretty good.
before

before Mother's back to black by ks.childstar, on Flickr

after (1 coat)

after 1 coat of Mother's back to black by ks.childstar, on Flickr

Mother's back to black by ks.childstar, on Flickr

adjusted and aligned by ks.childstar, on Flickr

adjusted and aligned by ks.childstar, on Flickr

I'll probably pick up a SiR lip with my next check if i dont run into any deals on other things im looking for.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your car looks amazing. You have me considering Function and Form coil overs rather than Progress. I used Mother's Back to Black on my trim too. It worked pretty well for a while, but after sitting in the sun for the whole summer, the parts are back where they used to be.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your car looks amazing. You have me considering Function and Form coil overs rather than Progress. I used Mother's Back to Black on my trim too. It worked pretty well for a while, but after sitting in the sun for the whole summer, the parts are back where they used to be.
The FnF coilovers are good for a more aggressive drop over the progress. Progress is good but only for a very conservative drop. Pricewise they are very close, i got mine for 575 shipped through www.jhpusa.com.

and yeah i've read some reviews on the back to black, so i expect to reapply it periodically just like a coat of wax.

S***'s getting real....
yes sir!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn nice yo, what business is that ?

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did I just read through all 24 pages of this.... yes! Incredible. You make it seem so easy and effortless to save and build. Sigh... I need an EK..... I have been looking for one... just haven't found one yet...