CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks amazing as always. I wish my car was that low. Just one tiny thing that bugs me; the wiper blades. You should definitely repaint them.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks amazing as always. I wish my car was that low. Just one tiny thing that bugs me; the wiper blades. You should definitely repaint them.
yeah i dont like it either. I have a can of flat black sitting in the garage....just never took the time to take em off, prep em and paint em. laziness at its best =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
original paint?
most of it is, front bumper isn't and grill was bought brand new as seen in my thread. the hood is also repainted and non oem. The car was bought this way.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good Child, Got my brother coming in from the Lone Star State for the holidays :thumbup:

are you re doing those windshield wiper arms, or buyying new ones>? I re did mine, came out good too :thumbup:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know yet. I was planning to buy em new again because i've repainted some before and the damn pressure washer at the car wash caused it to peel again. Im sure i could have done better prep work but oh well. i'll handle it one of these days

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont know yet. I was planning to buy em new again because i've repainted some before and the damn pressure washer at the car wash caused it to peel again. Im sure i could have done better prep work but oh well. i'll handle it one of these days
Powder coat them?
When i do mine ill send them to you and then you send me yours? Free of charge haha just pay shipping for yours?

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like stayin up with your thread. Lots of good pictures.

Officially subscribed :D

:popcorn:

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great build. There are plenty of builds with better parts and such, but something about about your attention to detail combined with your photography skills, just makes it that much better.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great build. There are plenty of builds with better parts and such, but something about about your attention to detail combined with your photography skills, just makes it that much better.
better parts? this man cuts no corners. except maybe wheels

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love how a decently priced wheel is instantly a bad part...forget the enkei lineage, they aren't 500+ a pop in custom offsets or 3 piece. =)

anyway, my family is all down for helping me get this k project off and rolling. They all pitched in a lil something to fund it all. Hoping i can get a decent tax return as well, so im holding off on purchases in the meantime to see how close i'll end up to affording my motor. If i can afford it, i'd feel more comfortable buying another swap from Hmotorsonline.com for some peace of mind, but if money burns wholes in my pockets i'll piece together a setup.

hope you all enjoyed your Christmas! :D

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not saying he doesnt have quality parts, he clearly does. What i meant was that ive seen other builds where the guys drop like 3gs on wheels, 2gs on coils etc etc etc, and i still dont enjoy their builds as much as his.

edit. I love his builds, mainly because of the fact that he has great attention to detail and his photos make everything look spectacular, unlike how most people like builds where guys just dump endless amounts of money into their car.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not saying he doesnt have quality parts, he clearly does. What i meant was that ive seen other builds where the guys drop like 3gs on wheels, 2gs on coils etc etc etc, and i still dont enjoy their builds as much as his.
i feel ya. If i wasn't impatient i'd drop a bit more. i still wont spend more than 1500 on some wheels though :lol:

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
lol to me why are you going to spend $3000 wheels and $2000 suspention on if the car isent even worth that lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol to me why are you going to spend $3000 wheels and $2000 suspention on if the car isent even worth that lol
actually, if you own a 6th gen or older car, you pretty much shouldn't do anything to it with that theory. Most of these civics aren't worth crap to anyone besides the people who own em