CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
i should of never cheated in my 6 grade spelling test its biting me in the ass

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Although not especially useful, I've heard a few younger kids say they don't even teach cursive in school anymore. Hopefully typing class is required.. or something.

jdmstyleEJ8

Registered VIP
I heard that too, you damn kids and your fancy electronic boxes called computers. Back in my day we had to write everything by hand! Lol and I'm only 22 =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Shoot. Kerry, send me a text to the number I pm'd you. Tapatalk won't let me access my private messages.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yup, i don't own any buffers or anything like that.
Me neither. It takes a while, it's tedious and requires lots of patience. But it's worth it! I absolutely love your fitment on those j speeds. I've wanted some since I first found your build thread.
By the way, are you keeping the coupe on the "DL" now that the baller parts are adding up? You said it hasn't left the garage, just wondering.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Me neither. It takes a while, it's tedious and requires lots of patience. But it's worth it! I absolutely love your fitment on those j speeds. I've wanted some since I first found your build thread.
By the way, are you keeping the coupe on the "DL" now that the baller parts are adding up? You said it hasn't left the garage, just wondering.
Oh it's gets driven a lot. When i played around with fitting the brakes under the j speeds, i didnt drive around. I found an oil issue. Most likely the distributor o-ring, but we'll see.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh it's gets driven a lot. When i played around with fitting the brakes under the j speeds, i didnt drive around. I found an oil issue. Most likely the distributor o-ring, but we'll see.
Oil issue from crackin that vtec-e so much! :lol: :thumbup:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hahaha, I know right! Massive economy power.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dang, your front lca's accept and have a stock 22mm sway bar, you should slap one on the rear too, make it handle all neutral and shexy like

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dang, your front lca's accept and have a stock 22mm sway bar, you should slap one on the rear too, make it handle all neutral and shexy like
Planning on that, i think i mentioned it at one point. Thing is, i need to match an eg/dc front sway bar with a rear. No point in matching with this front sway while I'm still unsure of what I'll end up with after my subframe is swapped

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh yah *thud* I forgot that's gotta all go for the k. I'll try to think longer before I post, very good sir!

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh yah *thud* I forgot that's gotta all go for the k. I'll try to think longer before I post, very good sir!
Correction, the subframe doesnt HAVE TO GO, but in order for better hood clearance, oil pan clearance, and better axle angle, the subframe is swapped to the EG, basically making the front end entirely EG components!

*just wanted that clear for future readers!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Correction, the subframe doesnt HAVE TO GO, but in order for better hood clearance, oil pan clearance, and better axle angle, the subframe is swapped to the EG, basically making the front end entirely EG components!

*just wanted that clear for future readers!
I know that man.The ek subframe has to go if he's swapping in a k with ekk2 mounts for all the same reasons you mentioned.. The ek front sway bar is different than eg/dc2 cause they were the same frame with diff body's. so if your going to tune your handling characteristics with sway bars, you'd wait to tune to the eg front sway, or if you don't run one. Wouldn't waste money on the rear sway if your changing out the whole front end. That's what I meant in fewer words.;)