CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Took the time to actually grab the individual weights of my shift knobs. Still want to get ahold of a few other rare knobs. It's like collecting pokemon lol.

574g K-Tuned Lagrima
411g ICB 6 speed
400g Seeker Heavy weight
172g USDM Mugen Si
159.4g carbon fiber 6 speed Mugen Spherical
119g Carbing High Grip
98g K-Tuned Textured Delrin

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still dont get it, but to each their own. There could be worse things to collect. I'm still surprised you interchange between 7 shifters and plan to add more. You should consider converting your glove compartment into a custom display holder for them all. Pop it open each morning and look at them like opening a pantry trying to decide what to snack on.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, i don't swap them out daily or anything, but from time to time i'll switch it up. Some I like to pick up just because of the rareness, like the Mugen Si knob. A vehicle VIN is required to even get ahold of one of those and it's actually a very nice shift knob. I want the two old school FEEL's shift knobs but it'll be hell trying to get one of those

gbaby2089

That 'Lagrima' knob is mega rad.

You seem to be lacking an Arc Ti knob though!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You seem to be lacking an Arc Ti knob though!
haha, they seem to be lacking in production as well. I wanted a spoon Ti knob but the last one in good condition popped up when i didnt have the funds for it. That would've been nice. I have considered the J's racing titanium knob as well though.

gbaby2089

haha, they seem to be lacking in production as well. I wanted a spoon Ti knob but the last one in good condition popped up when i didnt have the funds for it. That would've been nice. I have considered the J's racing titanium knob as well though.
The J's knob is overrated IMO. I had one a couple years back, it really doesn't feel or look any nicer than a $20 AutoZone special, really disappointing.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Went cruising late night in the city. Felt nice

CJBankai

Nicely done CHiLD, that dyno sheet looks very nice indeed! The progress as always looks super clean.

When are you going to start an S2K so you can start inspiring my current build? =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nicely done CHiLD, that dyno sheet looks very nice indeed! The progress as always looks super clean.

When are you going to start an S2K so you can start inspiring my current build? =)
Thanks man. The torque is nice, always there at any rpm. As for a S2K...not for me. I like them in pictures, but I've never really wanted one. I want to get myself a clean TL or TSX, and get a NA1 and i'm good.

Going to be stepping away from the super mild setup eventually with some small changes here and there at first. I plan to stop by the Honda Fetish meet in a couple of months in Dallas and also, I recently got sponsored by JDM Revworx out in SoCal, so i'm looking to pick up some more spoon goodies through them. :twisted:

CJBankai

Thanks man. The torque is nice, always there at any rpm. As for a S2K...not for me. I like them in pictures, but I've never really wanted one. I want to get myself a clean TL or TSX, and get a NA1 and i'm good.

Going to be stepping away from the super mild setup eventually with some small changes here and there at first. I plan to stop by the Honda Fetish meet in a couple of months in Dallas and also, I recently got sponsored by JDM Revworx out in SoCal, so i'm looking to pick up some more spoon goodies through them. :twisted:
Thats pretty cool, have you tried reaching out to GoTuning at all for a sponsorship? Tommy always takes care of my spoon needs for the S, I'm sure you two might be able to work something out.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats pretty cool, have you tried reaching out to GoTuning at all for a sponsorship? Tommy always takes care of my spoon needs for the S, I'm sure you two might be able to work something out.
No, I don't look for any sponsorship help. I get my spoon stuff through hmotors or gaijin garage in Australia. I get good pricing and extra savings from the aussies with the conversion rate.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
See you at the Honda fetish meet ^_^

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Good to hear! Shout at me if you see me. Hopefully Ill have my hands on at least one or two more new parts for the car.

Im considering going to a softer tire for more grip, but I dont know how soon i'll make the jump to a new set. we'll see. I'll most likely go with Yokohama ADVAN Neova ad08's. I just want to make 2nd gear grip better at WOT.

still pretty clean underneath for daily driving and no washing

smudges everywhere on the shifter from my son haha. He loves it.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking great! I see you like the shifter sitting low! I have mine set pretty high lol feels more like a racecar to me!
And I agree on a grippier tire! I hope my Falkens don't let me down!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I almost went with advan ad08 r. But I didn't foresee a swap anytime soon and went with a drives again.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking great! I see you like the shifter sitting low! I have mine set pretty high lol feels more like a racecar to me!
And I agree on a grippier tire! I hope my Falkens don't let me down!

I have the shifter low because I was just recently using a taller shift knob and just didn't adjust it back up. I only raise it by 2 dots on the arm, and I have a shorter arm than the normal one that comes with the race spec shifter. Also my buddy club bucket is at the lowest level, so I need the shifter lower.

You'll probably be alright with the 615k. I want to see what kind of torque you make along with the tire performance

I almost went with advan ad08 r. But I didn't foresee a swap anytime soon and went with a drives again.
I still have s drives, and they are good but I just want more. In my last acceleration video after the tune, 2nd gear at 40 at WOT shoots up to 65 quick as hell but im spinning during that time. I just want to more out of the car without doing extreme changes. Afterall, i like Spoon and I like their 1/1000th theory.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My seat is all the way down also. My shifter is still set pretty much to the top! Using my home made shift knob!

I can't wait to see my numbers also!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My seat is all the way down also. My shifter is still set pretty much to the top! Using my home made shift knob!

I can't wait to see my numbers also!

you have the original shifter arm though. So yours sits lower than mine. I cant make mine go as low as yours if I wanted to even with my modified height adjustment piece. 1st, 3rd, 5th gear would hit the dash with the mid level adjustment. I might send you some pics to show you what i mean.