chipped my 1994 d15b7

jdlhonda

5+ Year Member
Hi all, I chipped my 1994 d15b7 (actually, the ecu had september of 1993 stamped on it in ink. Anyway, I added the prom chip and the other IC needed, two capacitors and the resistor and a switch in place of the jumper so I can switch back and forth between stock and modified ecu's.

Now, the check engine light never turns off. the engine does start, there is absolutely no difference between the stock program and the modified one. the engine is running in safe mode, very rich, won't rev above 4000 rpm and has no power. It does not matter which position the switch is in, the engine remains in safe mode with the engine light on. I checked the wiring again twice, reflashed what was supposed to be the P06 stock base program multiple times and the results are always the same. I've removed power from the battery to try reseting the processor. I'm not sure what to do next. Am I not loading the complete program? I've been using a base program provided by both uberdata and chrome. I've flashed using both the flash program provided by Moates and used the Chrome flash program and the engine runs exactly the same no matter what I do. I am wondering about removing the capacitors, resistor and the other IC that supports the Prom, the prom I can remove since it's in a zif socket. I am now wishing I had put the other supporting IC in a removable socket. dang! Is there something else I am supposed to be flashing on my prom? I've noticed that the Moates flach program for Burn1 starts the mods at address 8000 and not at 0000
any ideas? I would like to keep driving my car again monday.
thanks,
James

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is the CEL code? Flash & Burn has a Verify Chip w/ Buffer button. Does your chip verify with your .bin? Make sure you're not seating your chips backwards (verify the diagram with the notch).

You said you put a switch in at J1... do you mean a toggle/dip switch or a jumper?

@%^& pgmfi is down.

jdlhonda

5+ Year Member
I've checked the chip positions, I've done a clean wipe on the prom before flashing it and then I've check it after flashing to make sure it flashed correctly. I put a toggle switch in on J1.
thanks,
James

EGHseries

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just asking but have you tryed to just runwith the chipped computer after resetting the ecu

jdlhonda

5+ Year Member
Yes, I've tried that combination as well.
thanks,
I'm going to try disabling all the sensors next and see what that does.
j

jdlhonda

5+ Year Member
this engine is all stock, no turbo or otherwise. Are there some settings that should be disabled? What is the starting address of the code to be flashed?
thanks,
James

EGHseries

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the plug on the pass side kick panel up under the dash run a jumper wire and then turn the key on there will be one flash then they will start blinking

sry its a two wire plug

ReSpEcT954

Xclusive Importz
5+ Year Member
I know the issue right now does your spedometer work? and if it does not work and u have the launch control program on your car then your car will not rev past 4000 which means u have to get a speed sensor of take the launch control program off