Cigarette lighter not working

Mrmartir305

I have a Honda civic 2006 lx 4 door. My cigarette lighter is not working at all. I have tried everything and nothing. Yes I know check the fuses I have trust me ! All of them not just the cig lighter fuse and nothing. What could be wrong ? Can anyone help me before I give in and go to the dealer to get ripped off

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

You haven't tried everything. Otherwise it would work. ;)

Did you check if the power adapter has been disconnected internally? I know with 6th gens it's a common issue that the plug becomes disconnected right behind the center console. For me I had to pull all the plastics off because the wire to the plug had fallen down underneath them and I couldn't reach it. Plugged it back in and was good to go.

Mrmartir305

I thought about that maybe it disconnected but unfortunately I cannot for the life of me find that damn wire. I saw a video that it was below the stick its a white wire, I removed the plastic cover and couldn't find it anywhere :( can someone show me a pic or video of their automatic 8th gen civic where the wire could be or lead me the right direction to fixing this problem

Poppa Cap

Hey there, did any of you get this sorted out?? And if so, how difficult was it, what did it require, how much did it cost??

I just ask about/am invested in this particular issue, as the car cigarette lighter/charger on my 2004 Honda Civic sedan suddenly gave out tonight-- after I merely pushed in a charger-- and as a rideshare (as in, driving for Lyft/Uber) who spends long hours on the road and NEEDS to keep my phone charged in order to work, I want to try to get this fixed ASAP.

Thanks!!

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Replace the lighter piece, thats what went out in my 99 civic and my 89 CRX.

Might be a pain to take the stuff apart to get to it in a newer car compared to 6th gens and below. but they are like $5 at walmart or the auto parts store.