Ciggarette Burn...

ChErRyLiCiOuS

i got my tongue pierced!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi everyone =) well i have a problem.. i have 2 ciggarette burns in my car...:(one in the backseat and one in the front seat...so now there is NO smoking in my car....i dont even know who did the backseat one but i know who did the front seat one..anyways is there anything i can do? im so pissed...:xexpecially cuz i dont even smoke and my seats were PERFECT before this...its driving me crazy...so if any1 knows if theres anything i can buy to fix it please help me..thank you =)

98hatchfreak

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only two things i know you can do is to get the seats reupholstered or just go out and grab some seats from a junkyard for pretty cheap

ChErRyLiCiOuS

i got my tongue pierced!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does getting it reupolstered cost alot ? and about how much do u think seats would cost from a junk yard? i know it probly depends but around how much do u think? thanks for ur reply =)

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Too bad you had to learn the hard way. my car has never been smoked in and never will be. It's gross.

Justyntyme

5th gen civics are it.
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Sound Streamin'
Too bad you had to learn the hard way. my car has never been smoked in and never will be. It's gross.
I second that why let someone smoke in your car when you don't yourself? I realize you see that now...

BlackDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just find hidden area on ya seats and cut a lil bit of the fabric off then glue it all up behind the burn hole. Its nonot as expensive as getting em reupholstered and it usually can't notice it as much.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
some shops can actually fill in holes like that with glue and fibers. and can usually match complex paterns pretty good. we have a guy who comes around and does it for us weekly. it usually costs about $50 for the damage like yours

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a whole bunch of cig burns on my seats. they are light so its not really noticable. i hate my damn seats anyway, its so damn uncomfortable, im still saving money on some new seats, then no more smoking in the car :D

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn i dunno how u guys burn ur seats, i smoke in my ride all da time without getting burns!!! If you cant control your cherry you shouldnt be smoking in ur ride

BlackDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have one burn from the previous owner. I just did the cut material trick on parents car before. Only place in my car that has mark of cigg is on the A-pillar, which is light gray. And if someone rides in the back, they not allowed to smoke. No widow for em, and no ashtray.

ChErRyLiCiOuS

i got my tongue pierced!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks every1 4 ur replies =) yeah there is definitley no more smokin in my car after that shyt... i wish i wood have never let any1 smoke in my car in the first place...but shyt happens i guess =) thanks again! if any1 else knows any other things i cood do please post them =)

98hatchfreak

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think you can get them reupholstered for like under a hundred dollars if you just talk it up and find a shop in your area that does good work for cheap... go to the not so good side of town and see if there is someone who is reputable @ a good price...

worm

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend endend up with tons of burns on her backseat. there were even smokes that had been pushed into the seats to butt them out. nobody smokes where i cant see em.

max@sobell.com

civic n00b
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice seats - i've been looking for something like that. i'd just go with the new seats, the stock civic seats are pretty shitty anyway... and if u get the re-done for $100, you would have already been 1/5 of the way to new seats :-D racing style.

GhettoPuNKkiD

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Je said:
damn i dunno how u guys burn ur seats, i smoke in my ride all da time without getting burns!!! If you cant control your cherry you shouldnt be smoking in ur ride
some people just be stupid when it comes to smoking.. (i.e goofing off, not paying attention) :lol:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Je said:

:werd:

Just look at the bright side...now you have an excuse spring for some custom interior upholstery work

mmmmmm.....plush. Or some leather with contrasting stitch work. Or sedate tweed...or whatever you like.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why is this in electronics/audio? ...not complaining, just so random to put a cigarette burn thread lol

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EM1_ProJect said:
why is this in electronics/audio? ...not complaining, just so random to put a cigarette burn thread lol
"Interior / Audio / Electronics"