civhatch92 is back... IN A HONDA!! (DD thread)

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wrlcome back to the Honda side haha. Can't wait to see what u do with this one after the boosted eg. What parts have u bought, I'm all suspenseful and s*** now haha
I wish I could afford another full blown build... but I can't. Sorry!

if he sticks to what he says, he is being very conservative with this one to keep a reliable daily
Definitely just sticking to the basics.. all about reliability here since it's just a daily.

UPDATE:

Went to my parents for the weekend, and had a box waiting for me..

Honda OEM parts.. oh boy.

Figured I'd pick up mud guards, since it's winter and there's nothing but crap all over the streets.

Also, my front bumper light fell out on my way to work.. that's always fun right? It was held in my duct tape.. freaking bastards and their ghetto bullshit.

Someone used tar to try and fix half of it, despite the whole tab being broken off on the other side.

Oh, hello new Honda OEM part.

Brand new, no broken tabs, directly from Honda.

Perfect fit.. very satisfied with the new corner light.

Old and the new.. because I can!

Picked up spark plug non-foulers to try and fix my check engine light for the CAT..

Drilled one out, left the other, screwed together and added O2 sensor..

Installed.. too bad it didn't work, now I've got a P1166 code.. possible O2 wiring issue.. ughhhh I'm never going to pass emissions.. FML.

Took some other pics just to give you guys a better look at the car since I remembered to bring my DSLR home with me!!! YES, the car is dirty as hell.. it was waaaayyyy to cold/windy for me to wash it.. sorry :/. Tried to make the first pic as dark as possible so you can't see the underside rocker panel surface rust, it's pretty bad on the passenger side.. and I'm embarrassed by it :oops:

Seems to be a lame ebay exhaust.. tip is rusty.. anyone got a WS2 for sale?

Decent low in the front.. back is wayyy too high though. Needs wheels+drop.. throw me some cash donations club civic!!

Dear LORD, that weapon R intake is ugly as sin.. AEM V2 for sale anyone? hit me up if you have one =]

Nothing else in the works right now.. winter is boring, and I can't wait to get this check engine light solved so I can stop wasting time/money on it and more on to fix other things or get my windows tinted already!!

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good so far man.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Looking good bro

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so when can i meet you at your parents house and take the hatch for a ride? and see you at tst sonic meet this year?

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking nice. I'd like to see it, but now you're in jersey lol.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so when can i meet you at your parents house and take the hatch for a ride? and see you at tst sonic meet this year?
Depends on when we're both in the area. I usually head to my parents at least once a month.. definitely looking forward to the TST sonic meet.. has a date been set? I'm too busy playing MW3 on my ps3 to browse a whole lot of forums lately.

Looking nice. I'd like to see it, but now you're in jersey lol.
Ah sorry man!!

Tossing around ideas for suspension/wheels.. thinking about race lands but I can't find many reviews of them.. I'm afraid they'll be junk due to crappy spring rates. They're priced to sell and can really slam low. Not sure what wheels to get either.. it's another impossible decision. Thought of sportmax xxr 501 but they only go up to 16", I feel as though 17" would be PERFECT for an EP3 chassis... also want to get fogs and a front lip, possibly a DIY volvo 940 lip.

Also need to polish up my headlights, they'e pretty hazy. So much random crap to do it sucks. I just want to get this ish moving.. but spring isn't here yet. BLAH!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id say atleast 17's if not 18's. It all depends. I would seriously put a lip kit ir bidy kit on it with 18's if it were me...

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Tossing around the idea of lip kit.. just need to find one and get it painted for a decent price. Then save some money for a drop+wheels.. ugh things are getting expensive fast. Damn this obsession!!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HFP lip kit if you can find one on some 17's. That or JDM front bumper with a 2nd generation Mugen lip

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
HFP lip kit if you can find one on some 17's. That or JDM front bumper with a 2nd generation Mugen lip
JEEEEEEEZ, you people think I'm rich or something!? Ya'll crazy! I might just get some 16x8 sportmax xxr 501, throw on a front lip and call it done. Ah.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't try to convince me you aren't a baller!

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it where me, I'd at least get 17s... 16 seems a bit too small for the well unless it's slammed to the ground. For the price XXRs aren't too bad, but I've got 501s and they got pretty old pretty fast (to me at least, but people always tell me they look badass) There are just so many wheels on the market these days though, it's hard to just pick one. I wish I had a set for each day of the week...
Are you going for the down-and-out stanced look, or just simple and clean?

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Don't try to convince me you aren't a baller!
Ah man, if I was a baller I'd turbo this thing!!

If it where me, I'd at least get 17s... 16 seems a bit too small for the well unless it's slammed to the ground. For the price XXRs aren't too bad, but I've got 501s and they got pretty old pretty fast (to me at least, but people always tell me they look badass) There are just so many wheels on the market these days though, it's hard to just pick one. I wish I had a set for each day of the week...
Are you going for the down-and-out stanced look, or just simple and clean?
The XXRs do seem to be around a lot lately.. I'd like a low look.. probably not super slammed though cause that can be a pain and really abusive for a daily driver, unless your name is greg and your super badass.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is how i look at civics and wheels...

5th gens need 15" wheels

6th gens need 16" wheels

7th gens need 17" wheels

8th gens need 18's...

Blah blah...

Oh and if u were baller then u would have a mugen bodykit and all necesary aero...

:cool:

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My name is Chris, but i'll let it slide this time...
Hah, I know your Chris. I was talking about Greg (1SIKCIVIC) cause his car is crazy slammed.

I'm leaning towards 17s, I have a wheel in mind, only problem is half the time if you get a wide wheel you need to stretch the tires to clear the fenders and such. My dad will NEVER let me roll around with stretched tires because with him being a mechanic, he knows it's not really all that safe and he doesn't want to see me blow a tire and potentially ruin other things.

I want it low though, not sure about a full HFP lip kit, I CANNOT afford a mugen spoiler, however I intend on getting a replica at least, they look SO nice from the back... yum.

Definitely enjoy driving this car.. been getting approximately 31mpg!!!

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ordered a oxygen sensor (air fuel ratio sensor). Better solve the check engine light problem!!!

Anyone have good recommendations on decent coilovers? I HATE how these springs make the front low and the back still looks sooo high. It's quite ugly and I want to get rid of the wheel gap for spring/summer.