civic 97 y8 engine trouble help please

killuminati

I have civic dy8 it was running bad with lack of power. With engine running pulled fuel injecter wires 1-4. All bogged down but cylinder 2. I changed out injector and checked spray, wich was good. I noticed when I pressed on cylinders to spark plug wire there was a vibration. I started the car and no improvement I decided to check the cars cylinder compression. when I went to change the spark plugs wiring would not come out. the wire had melted to the plug and would not come off. when I finally got them out I checked the compression. 165-140-140-155. I need to know why my spark plugs would be that hot. and why my cars running like it has a bad injector. I would appreciate any help. about to lose my mind

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well it runs like it has a bad injector cause it had a bad wire. But check the entire primary and secondary system (from coil to sparkplug on each cylinder and compare results). Maybe too high resistance on wires? Worn plug? Or maybe the engine got hot and melted it.

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm interesting. Did it get hot? Did you change your ignition timing. Sounds like it just got really hot to me. But if anything else google it. Lol

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Would the wires melt to the plug becaus it was running lean and therefore running super hot?