Civic and Integra AC compressor the same?

kikidawn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was just wondering if the AC compressor on the D ( D16y8 ) series is the same as the B ( B18b1 )series? cause i want to have my ac back on my car and there is a shop here that can make me a cheap DP so that i can put my ac back on....until i have a little bit more money to buy a good DP. But i don't have the compressor from the B motor, i only have the compressor from the D serie motor. i use it to measure the clearance and then i go to the shop and have them put the B series one on. I mean since it clear the compressor from the d series it should clear for the b series?

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i do believe you need a different a/c bracket....in fact i'm like 99.9 % sure ..nah make that 100%

kikidawn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know i need a different bracket. but the clearance that i us a D series should give me enough room for the b series one?

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When I swapped my b-series in my last coupe I used a d16y8 ac pump matted to a crv or you can use a del sol b-series ac bracket. But you can only use either of those. I think the codes are a p54 and p72 off the top of my head but you can look it up.

The bracket new is not to expensive. I found mine in a junkyard.

I also have a b-series ac pump in the garage if you need one.

As far as size goes between d and b ac pumps is I believe they are the same size. I think the wheels are a tad different in size but thats it.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm.. when I swapped my B18C into my '96 EJ6, I couldnt use my D series pump with the B18 bracket. Ended up scrounging a compressore from a Bseries. The only thing I needed to change, line-wise, with the B-pump, was use a '00 Si line from the pump to the civic line, about 12" long.. Other than that, I've got no other answers. Sorry.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
qwikxr said:
Hmm.. when I swapped my B18C into my '96 EJ6, I couldnt use my D series pump with the B18 bracket. Ended up scrounging a compressore from a Bseries. The only thing I needed to change, line-wise, with the B-pump, was use a '00 Si line from the pump to the civic line, about 12" long.. Other than that, I've got no other answers. Sorry.
thats because you needed the crv bracket or del sol b16 bracket. The mounting holes are the same as a d-series pump.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need the ac bracket from a 94+ honda crv. after that it will all bolt right up.