Civic B18C swap P0453, running rich

EJwood

Good evening everyone, I own a 97 civic with a b18c swap, k&n cai,tein coilovers,p73 ecu (usdm), mishimoto radiator, mugen thermostat, tanabe exhaust

I am new to the threads and read through a few other posts in regards to running rich, my o2 sensors were replace a month ago, cap & rotor, fuel filter and pvc valve. Spark plugs are ngk iridium (soot covered/4yrs old) with msd super conductors spark plug wires (4yrs old)

I have inspected the exhaust header and there are no leaks/cracks that i could find

I know that i am running rich because i can smell the unburned fuel, my exhaust is extremely black (used to be chrome) and also my actron scanner reads that my LT FTRM1 is -9.7%

I accidentaly eraced my saved data on my scanner and after resetting the cel i got this data:

MIL STATUS Off
ABSLT TPS(%) 9.4
ENGINE SPD(RPM) 881
CALC LOAD(%) 23.5
MAP("HG) 7.4
COOLANT(øF) 160
IAT(øF) 99
IGN ADV(DEG) 16.0
ST FTRM1(%) -28.1
LT FTRM1(%) 0.0
VEH SPEED(MPH) 0
FUEL SYS1 CLSD
FUEL SYS2 N/A
O2S11(V) 0.740
ST FTRM11(%) -29.7
O2S12(V) 0.800
ST FTRM12(%) -29.7
OBD2 STAT CA
FRAME: 39 TM: 114.3

before i reset the cel my scanner stated that code P0453 was present EVAP emission control system pressure sensor high and a pending code P0450 was also present which is EVAP emission control system sensor fault

I know that the data from the scanner is not a correct portrait of the engine since it was not at normal operating temperature but when it is both o2 sensors read a high .950v output
both short term and long term fuel trims have been staying on the negative side

I know that i must run the engine for a few days to get accurate readings form the ecu but my worry is that while running rich i might cause more damage to the engine

also while using the scanner the only sensor that drops below specs is the MAP sensor which is intermittent between 6.5v and 7.5v at warm idle yet i believe the lowest this sensor should be is at 7.0v at warm idle

coolant temp sensor reaches about 184F and the fan kicks on which i believe is ok

before i changed the cap & rotor + o2 sensors along with the fuel filter my car was really close to passing CA smog, which is why i changed these things after changing these things i took the car back and it still failed but with even worst numbers than before the tune up

p.s. i recently installed the p73 usdm ecu about 300 miles ago

i purchased the usdm p73 because a shop that changed out my catalytic converter a few years ago also sold me a p75 ecu which at that time i didnt know any better, they sold it to me becuase the original jdm p73 did not connect to u.s. diagnostics tools,, after installing the new cat. and p75 ecu my car passed smog

after passing i took the p75 out and reverted back to the jdm p73, but rather switching from the incorrect p75 ecu back to the jdm p73 for smog time i purchased a usdm p73 which is installed now