Civic diffuser

ohsnapzitzmeng

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok I've sen some nice civics withdiffusers not those holes in the rear bumpers, is there a site I can buy them?

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=136044

wow that was hard....try searching

im going to edit myself.....i just did some searching for diffusers and it looks like if you want one....your going to have to make one. read this site http://specialprojectsms.com/index.php?categoryID=30 itll give ya a basics of how and why they work, as well as how to make one.....fiberglass ftl but start there and make one out of aluminum or c/f if you have the know how

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that looks goofy as hell tho the way it sticks out the sides

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
function over form. that is IF your able to use it for its purpose...If not then its just for bling hahaha.

I took an STI rear diffuser and made it fit onto mine. Works pretty damn well. Looking to make me a front splitter once I hit the tracks this fall season =)

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
I agree that it looks goofy. But I think that if you're at the point of getting a rear diffuser, then functionality and purpose would out-weigh form.

^Lol. Stole what I was going to say CMR. Am I that slow at typing?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree that it looks goofy. But I think that if you're at the point of getting a rear diffuser, then functionality and purpose would out-weigh form.

^Lol. Stole what I was going to say CMR. Am I that slow at typing?
I haz fast fingaaaa ;)

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guess what i was saying is it suppose to stick out that much on the sides???

my thought of a diffuser is to flow under the car....basically cutting off all drag from crap thats under it. not to just stick lower. i mean most cars with diffusers also have an undertray to increase the effectiveness of the diffuser. and to me...i think they should mold well into the bottom of the rear bumper. not only that but should flow into the undertray of the car itself to form one piece. if you just have a diffuser on, and not the undertray theres still pockets where air can get up under the diffuser causing more drag....just my opinion

sticks out too much on the sides....and plus they dont have a pic of one installed on a eg. also not enough for what i would want.

this....idk

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Well, I think the reason it sticks out from the sides that much is because air also gets into the wheel wells before it exits through the back of the car. I think what they are doing is trying to take the turbulence out of the air that is exiting the wheel wells and act as a kind of wind tunnel that will suck the car down.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guess what i was saying is it suppose to stick out that much on the sides???

my thought of a diffuser is to flow under the car....basically cutting off all drag from crap thats under it. not to just stick lower. i mean most cars with diffusers also have an undertray to increase the effectiveness of the diffuser. and to me...i think they should mold well into the bottom of the rear bumper. not only that but should flow into the undertray of the car itself to form one piece. if you just have a diffuser on, and not the undertray theres still pockets where air can get up under the diffuser causing more drag....just my opinion
Yeah. I understand what your getting at. And it does make sense to me about the undertrays increasing the effectiveness of the diffusers. There's alot of theories that goes around certain proclaimed " aerodynamic " parts that some of these companies out there produce.

Here is a link were I find alot of good reads about aerodynamics with diffusers and splitters.
http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=5455

Well, I think the reason it sticks out from the sides that much is because air also gets into the wheel wells before it exits through the back of the car. I think what they are doing is trying to take the turbulence out of the air that is exiting the wheel wells and act as a kind of wind tunnel that will suck the car down.
Yezzir. Vacuum suction

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. I understand what your getting at. And it does make sense to me about the undertrays increasing the effectiveness of the diffusers. There's alot of theories that goes around certain proclaimed " aerodynamic " parts that some of these companies out there produce.

Here is a link were I find alot of good reads about aerodynamics with diffusers and splitters.
http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=5455
good find... still say if your going to get a diffuser or even use one, it would be beneficial to make a whole undertray for the car... which from what ive been reading so far today really isnt that hard to do...if you know how to do fab work with either aluminum, fiberglass or carbon fiber.

i think im going to do some research into manufacturing eg undertrays, using my car as the hampster.... at least get the dimensions out there...then write up a how to.
maybe go into making one off or custom c/f, fiberglass or aluminum products for people.....like a made to order thing.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Carbon fiber? FiberGlass? Aluminum? whats that? I use thin plywood for my rear undertray and then round out the edges HAHAHAHAHAHA

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Lol. I used plywood from Home Depot for my Front Splitter and painted it black. It's a lot better than snapping a $500 CF one rolling out of a driveway.
Here's a pic of it.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Try clicking on it. It's the black thing on the front under the front lip. It's the best pic I have until I put it back on.