Civic EG D15B7 to F22A1 SOHC swap

hondafreakef915

Hi guys I have a 94 civic eg hatch that the d15 just blew and I have the F22 in the garage. I just want it to see if anybody has done it and if it's worth it. Would it be quick?!

xThexReverendx

still got the exhaust manifold from the d15? lol mine's cracked all to s**t

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Don't do it. It's all the effort of an h22 swap but a whole lot of gay to replace it instead

Scrpn17w

Si wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any problems when using the stock eg radiator to cool that beast?

hondafreakef915

Actually yea it works but if u race more then twice one after another temp would go up but I just turn on the heater to help it cool off but I do need a bigger radiator no thought. But it pulls good still need an ECU because the P06 doesn't run it good. Any ideas on which ECU to run?

Scrpn17w

Si wannabe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A chipped and tuned p28. It doesn't have to be a p28 but i would recommend getting an ecu that is chipped and having it tuned by a professional so the engine works properly. The p06 ecu is for the stock d15b7 and does not have the proper mapping for a larger motor such as your f22

hondafreakef915

Well I put the ECU from the accord and it's working fine now but my friend told me to get a LS ECU and it should run way better.

hondafreakef915

Well got the LS ECU and the car runs smooth n strong now and it pulls good. Hopefully with some drag radials it should do 15s I think

blake6610

what did you have to do for this swap? plz help, i have the exact same motor rebuilt with about 15k miles and want it in my 95 civic lx. what all was changed and will the civic wire harness work? my d15 sucks

Frankeg

This thread stopped out of no where... I am currently working on swapping a f22a1 into my eg coupe and was wondering the axle combination you used and also if the h22/f22 to eg mount will fit the tranny without modifying it? And did you have to relocate the brake lines? Please get back to me

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
This thread stopped out of no where... I am currently working on swapping a f22a1 into my eg coupe and was wondering the axle combination you used and also if the h22/f22 to eg mount will fit the tranny without modifying it? And did you have to relocate the brake lines? Please get back to me
That guy has not logged on in almost 3 years.......