civic ex coupe feedback

lazy butt alex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well..im in search for a new car..n i was looking into a civic..n the si...high mark up price..so i was htinking..wht about a ex?..so i was wondering...for u guys who has them..how u like it? is the power decent? i havnt had much time to acutally test drive it yet..but yea......cuz i was thinkin of the 4 banger camry..but..its pretty #$$..still..but yea..let me know about the ex..thanks guys

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lazy butt alex said:
well..im in search for a new car..n i was looking into a civic..n the si...high mark up price..so i was htinking..wht about a ex?..so i was wondering...for u guys who has them..how u like it? is the power decent? i havnt had much time to acutally test drive it yet..but yea......cuz i was thinkin of the 4 banger camry..but..its pretty #$$..still..but yea..let me know about the ex..thanks guys
lol, what year car are you looking at to begin with...:roll:

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
lol, what year car are you looking at to begin with...:roll:
8th gen section....so an 8th gen civic ex. ;) .

but yeah, sorry i can't help. I'd say you should test drive one if anything. people have different views and perspectives.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
c_diddy said:
8th gen section....so an 8th gen civic ex. ;) .

but yeah, sorry i can't help. I'd say you should test drive one if anything. people have different views and perspectives.
ahh... reading > me

same here... test one to find out yourself.

-Robby-

5+ Year Member
Welll i Got a Sedan Ex i know it's not the Coupe but anyway i love my car..lol this is all what i can said :P

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a ex coupe and i love it. its not underpowered but u wont win man races makes it up hills well. it does have power when yourmoving though itll be at 80 before you know it. very comfy pretty good sound system. i love my car and im glad i bought it

[ i v i ]

She's not 18? Damn!
5+ Year Member
I have owned both. I had an 06 EX coupe and traded it in a month later for an 06 Si coupe. The EX was a good car, no problems mechanically. It was an automatic and it was a bit slow at times. For normal everyday driving, it was fine, but if you stomped on it, you really didn't feel anything. The Si on the other hand is an amazing difference. It is more fun to drive, but not as comfortable on long trips. Hope this helps.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Love my EX... just don't love the motor :thumbdown:

other than that, this is one of the best cars i've own

lazy butt alex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey seanjohn..so is the car hella slow? n i see u got projectos..who retro it for u??

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lazy butt alex said:
hey seanjohn..so is the car hella slow? n i see u got projectos..who retro it for u??
depends on your definition of slow....

if i was 1on1 with a 2000Si, I would probably lose...MAYBE a drivers race, but I honestly don't know... definately "feels" slower than my 2000 Si was... in the long run –*I feel that, YES, it's slow. However, I commute a total of 75 miles a day, so i don't mind it because it gets decent gas mileage despite my lead foot (consistantly getting 30-32mpg)

and the retrofit I did myself :mod:

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn..u dont have a lead foot at all..i get a avg of 25 :( maybe thats why u think its slow. its not slow but its not near as fast as the si of course..just test drive it and ask to take it up a nice hill and floor it up there. then take it on a straight road and floor it there, they dont mind.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you get a new camry PLEASE put rims on it ... the f**kin hubcaps it comes with are horrid my homie just bought a ce and i know his cheap ass will probably ride caps forever

seabeeunit87

5+ Year Member
yea the non si models are kinda slow but if u fix it up right i bet you can free up a lot more power