civic ex suspension and tires question(s)

Christianr17

1995 honda civic ex.
my ride has stock everthing. I just bought some LS Mesh wheels and i was wondering if you guys could tell me what would be the best best tires for these 15X6 wheels. im clueless when it comes to this stuff. i also want to lower my ride but, don't know how low i want to go. that is something else i would be happy if someone could help me out. How low is low enough? andd what should i buy? springs. coil overs? im willing to spend 500-600 dollars. the lower the better. and the tires i dont mind how much they cost. help me out guys thanks.
i want a subtle drop. like the car in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wntdu8OvT24

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tires are really to your personal preference and depends on what you want them for (commuting vs. track). I have Falken ziex 912s on my coupe and I've been happy with them. They're about $75 a piece, last a decent amount of time, decent traction in the rain and dry pavement. Just a good middle of the road tire (I have a lot of negative camber, so I don't waste my money on nice tires unless I decide to raise my car). I would honestly read reviews on different tires. If I wanted to do a more sport oriented tire, it would be the Yokohama S Drives. But it depends on your application.
Suspension. There is a thread on here specifically for your inquiry about different types. Here is the link: http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=206087
But if you want my personal opinion. Coilovers all the way. You have a strut that's designed for the spring (generally a better ride quality in my opinion), and you have options to lower and raise it as you please. I bought myself a set of Function and Form Type 1s for $550 brand new and have been nothing but pleased with them. You can see how low my car is in my sig and it still has more room to drop. And I get compliments on how well my car rides with being as low as it is. But it is a softer coilover than what you would use on a track.
Again this depends on your goal for the vehicle.

EgCivicKid

Yes. It depends on your preference. Check out Raceland coilovers. They're very good for the price. But id go with the "ultimo," ones has they're 30 dollars more and have better specs and ride nice. I ride on them they're good for DD but I wouldn't track on them. And since you have stock wheels, I would put all terrain tires because once you lower your car, I'm willing to bet you'll hate the tuck look as want to poke. And then you have to buy all new tires and rims so you can keep the meshies as winter tires. That's just how I am. But these are my suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drewcoreen

drewcoreen
There are lots, but I would mind for Pirellis or Yokohamas. Go for the second one probably cheaper too.