Civic Exhaust Rattle .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robllanrwst18

Right i bought a race tube and sportex backbox for my civic 1.5 16v few weeks ago and i put the system on and straight away as you go for a drive and just give it a bit of revs their horrible rattle comes from it so i put it on the Ramp to see what was going on . Nothing at all was rubbing just no explanation why it rattles . i put the Cat on still no difference . i have this invisible rattle but i dont know where its coming from . Ive changed to another backbox and that still rattles and i also put the old centre pipe on and it still rattle's. It has become so much annoying i refuse to drive the car. Does any one have any idea's or Help so i can Get my Civic back on the Road .

emerican

Registered VIP
It could be the resentor pipe if the stuff in it is loose it will rattle
Is it rubbing on anything under the car, heat shields etc?

Decipher

Registered VIP
You may have clearances that disappear when the car is in gear. If your motor mounts are worn, the torque of the motor could be enough to physically shift the exhaust up to an inch or more when it's in gear... look for really tight spots, see if there's any sign of contact on the new piping... go from there.

Robllanrwst18

Hasen't got any heat shields near the Cat or backbox . checked the piping and not any wear any where i can see etc . Got lots of room around the exhaust if im honest . Its a Strange one cant find it anywhere .

emerican

Registered VIP
SHake the resenater pipe or hit it very lighltly with a dead blow hammer and see if its the honeycombs in it being loose.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take your exhaust off and run straight header:twisted:

I did... for 3 months. LOL...but no seriously do as said above, throw it on a hoist or what have you and knock the exhaust around a bit, give it a fairly good whack from the resonator back, it could be blown out pices rattling around in the pipe, or in the resonator itself.

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
Try shaking the exhaust piping as it sits if at all possible. If it's too loose, then it may need to be tied down some more, but definitely hear if you hear any loose pieces inside the piping.

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SHake the resenater pipe or hit it very lighltly with a dead blow hammer and see if its the honeycombs in it being loose.
Yeah it will most likely be the resonator pipe inside. It happened to me. I did exactly that ^

Status
Not open for further replies.