Civic just got DIPPED

Civv

I was tired of my boring look of my rims. So I decided to hit it with some Plasti-Dip. For those who don't know what it is, it's a liquid rubber/vinyl that comes in a spray paint can that dries into a layer of rubber. If you don't want it on your wheels anymore for any reason, you just peel it off. I went and bought 2 cans of this stuff at Lowes and some HQ painters tape and this is my end result!

Whatcha think?

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
The rims look nice but that stance throws off the look of the Civic man.

Civv

@walking - I know it needs dropped. ): I don't have the funds. Unless I can find a set on Craigslist for under 200 bucks I'm not even going to bother...
@baller - before pics.

Civv

yeah my JDM Grille should be here tomorrow, along with my foglights. Within the next week my spoiler should be in too. The problem is I don't know how I could go about painting the trim of the grill. I don't want to take it to a paint shop and spend more money for the paint job than the spoiler itself. And I heard keeping the grill black will make my car look worse.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I liked them polished better.

Civv

i dint mind the polished look. i just wanted something different. when i get tired of the black, all i have to do is peel it off. the magic of plastidip

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tbh I don't like any black rim w/polished lip. It looks tacky to me. And every rice out ride seems to have them. Before looked better IMO. Being on a silver car though I get why you wanted a change.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
as bad as it looks with out a drop, i say dont ruin your ride with lowering it unless your getting some nice springs.

Civv

thats what i was thinking. ^ its not worth spending less on eBay coils when they f*** up your suspension in the future. i'll put aside a little bit from each paycheck and get a good set here soon.

Ace92028

Gold Member
get some Ground Control Coilovers, you can use them on stock struts and you can lower your car between 0-4inches. Any drop would look better, i would just do a 1.5inch drop so you dont have to worry about your struts blowing out and your tires wearing out. Total cost should be 350$ thats what i did and my car looks way better and i think it feels just like stock

dont buy from ebay when it comes to suspension
go to ground controls website and order them so you can get the lifetime warranty

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ran megan sleeves on kyb gr-2s and loved them. They rode like stock at -3". I loved that set up. There a lot of alternatives that are just as good, if not better, just do your research. Ground control isnt the only way.

juanca_

5+ Year Member
@walking - I know it needs dropped. ): I don't have the funds. Unless I can find a set on Craigslist for under 200 bucks I'm not even going to bother...
i got a set of tein s-techs for my car brand new on ebay for 185. They shouldnt be any more expensive for your car.