Civic loosing clutch fluid

scheetz_21

Bought new car and got it home clutch had some play, looked had low fluid? Is there a comin wearing part? 94 ex

Subie_Love

check the clutch slave cylinder, usually located mounted on the front of the block where your engine stamp is. "clutch fluid" is essentially brake fluid located in the resevoir near the top right. fill it with some dot 3/4 brake fluid and if it still continues to drop after driving for awhile or you feel your clutch start to get weak replace the cylinder. Cost about 8 dollars and is very simple if you're not a moron. make sure you bleed it correctly because that probaby caused the issue in the first place.

scheetz_21

So I dont gotta pull the engine to put new slave in?

scheetz_21

Ok I know how to pull and bleed one now but I'm not that positive that that is what's leaking.... Should I be able to see it leaking? There is oil over on the air cleaner box and I'm not sure what might Nxt diagnosis. Step d be?

Ek_Rider

theres also a clutch master cylinder open driver door look under the dash behind the clutch pedal its on the fire wall connected to the clutch check for fluid this is only 30 or less dollars check if its leaking from there before you buy a new one

RonJ

Banned
theres also a clutch master cylinder open driver door look under the dash behind the clutch pedal its on the fire wall connected to the clutch check for fluid this is only 30 or less dollars check if its leaking from there before you buy a new one
This^

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kinda funny, I just changed my slave today, I was gonna make a DIY for it since it's simple and I wasn't in a hurry so I took some pics haha, I'll do it now but it's pretty simple to figure out yourself.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is oil over on the air cleaner box and I'm not sure what might Nxt diagnosis.
Depending on where on the air box, that'd be quite the jump for oil. Definitely post clear pictures.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^what?

And i suggest changing the slave and m/c at the same time...

scheetz_21

My phone auto corrects... Lol I will put pics up tommarow! And y should I change both? So I don't have to bleed twice if m/c is bad?

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That and cuz having one new and the other 15+ years old can cause some issues. Check the Diy's for a how to on changing the slave, and im sure theres a diy for the master on honda tech somewhere