civic performance chip question ?

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
Hey besides telling him no.. Why don't you help explain why not to get it.. I mean for all he knows if he just changes his chip set up he could gain UP TO 75 HP! from what all the ads say.. SOOO help him Understand :-D

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey besides telling him no.. Why don't you help explain why not to get it.. I mean for all he knows if he just changes his chip set up he could gain UP TO 75 HP! from what all the ads say.. SOOO help him Understand :-D
How about you do sense you brought it up?

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
Well I don't have a problem with putting a performance chip in your car, but you have to buy a good one, and you need to get it tuned properly to your engine. Or you will be showering the road with d17 parts (=

If you just want a boost but keep your same engine here is a solution that I am looking into that this guy rebuilt his LX and boosted it too 300 horses but thats just hear-say.

Here is the list of things to do.

-DARTON 75mm flanged sleeves designed for a D16 motor, then bored out to 76mm
-WISECO 76mm custom Xtreme series 8:1 compression
-XC piston ring kit
-CROWER billet rods installed with ARP pins
-KMS Block guard
-P&P head with stage 3 cam, titanum retainers, oversized valves and ARP studs
-Stage 4 ACT clutch
-Gator Grip Axels
-Custom-made return fuel system: Walbro250 intank pump, Mighty Might inline pump, billet fuel rail with RC 550cc injectors and a bilet a one liter front fuel reservoir
-Custom billet intake manifold with 73mm Mustang racing throtle body
-T-3 T-4 Precision Turbo .65 trim intake housing .48 exhaust
-Front mounted Precision intercooler
-Custom made equal length turbo manifold
-Tial wastegate
-Greddy Type S blow off valve
-Greddy boost controler
-AEM EMS stand along

The guy also did a 50 shot of Nitrous... but I wouldn't go that far it's bad on your engine..

Hope this helps maybe a little but if you are on a budget just forget about it.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Up to 200hp & 200trq, 85mpg...

If it's too good to be true, then most likely it's not. If there was a way to alter or change your fuel/air settings (which there is, through an engine management system), don't you think other people have thought about it already? There's countless car tuners out there that are capable of tuning a vehicle, to even draw out the most mpg or the most power... none have done this.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You should do some research. Its been a bit before I reviewed what you need to turbo the D17, but Im pretty sure that you dont need all that for 300hp. Im surprised Snake_shit hasnt jumped in to say this, but he turbo'd his engine to 240whp with stock internals if I remember correctly

The guy also did a 50 shot of Nitrous... but I wouldn't go that far it's bad on your engine..
Instead of just telling us that its bad for your engine, maybe you could explay why its bad for your engine :roll:

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
all that chip is gonna do is advance the timing...and f**k up your motor...

you want more hp ....go with a turbo...and a very good tune....you can make like 240whp on stock internals...

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
Just saying what someone else did I didn't say you couldn't boost a em2 engine on stock internals. But people have also told me on this site that if you boost with a turbo and thats it all your getting with stock is 180 auto tranny and 200 manual.. so to get more power I know because I have seen one of my friends blow his engine with his stock em2 boosted and he also did some d16 parts in his car because the d16 can handle higher power than the d17 from what I have heard. So you may want to look into it... I am thinking about turboing my car and then getting a new car with the engine I want instead of droping a new engine in.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There's a guy around my area that had a EM2 boosted. He was running stock motor + Dezod's kit and made around 220whp @ 12psi. I he's on 7thgen.com but I don't know his handle... There's quite a few people out there making over 200 on stock motor.

JLB1615

5+ Year Member
Well I think I may do that instead of a motor swap and see what I get but now I got hit on my drivers side fender and cracked my rim... so now I am rolling around on some rusted ass steelies.. But trying to talk this guy into letting me buy his hx rims from him. If you find that guy on there let me know!