civic perormance

Unuzual Kustum

4DR Sleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What can i do to help wit my civic performance, i have a stock EX.

Price range?

$0-$500
intake, exhaust, cams

$500 plus
piece together a turbo setup or buy one already setup

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first you can search

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Many, many stickers. Bolt-ons won't get you power in a D.

96sohccivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It dosnt add much horsepower with just bolt ons on a single cam...but you should feel a difference i would just get 4 to 1 headers, high flow cat, exhaust, cold air intake, get a cam and then a tune....

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
prob better to go 4-2-1 on the header it helped when i had my y8. CAI if u dont get a lot of rain and large puddles where u live. Dont go any bigger than 2.5" exhaust unless ur going to turbo. Cam if u can afford it and dont have to worry too much about emissions with it and OBD1 ECU for tuning.

Make sure if u do put in aftermarket cat that isnt a test pipe, get an O2 sim to keep that pesky p0420 code off. I've been through all that s**t with my 99.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Turbo, baby. It's the biggest bang you're going to get out of a y8. And like these guys said, intake, headers (mind your turbo), and exhaust. Plenty of hints under the general DIY section here and past threads (read: search button). I/H/E will get you a slight boost in power. Don't forget to maintain all the usual crap in your car first before you start ripping stuff out and bolting stuff on. Oil change (w/ synthetic oil), spark plugs, plug wires, possibly fuel filter, dizzy cap, ect. The more you maintain your EX the more power you'll feel out of your stock hardware--which, to be quite honest, assuming you don't want to go as far as turbo, is where you're really going to feel the most notable improvements. As far as our little civics go, everything else is just icing on the great-gas-mileage cake.

Depending on what your power goals are, this would also be a great link to check out:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=33619

k20a2ek97

5+ Year Member
Turbo, baby. It's the biggest bang you're going to get out of a y8. And like these guys said, intake, headers (mind your turbo), and exhaust. Plenty of hints under the general DIY section here and past threads (read: search button). I/H/E will get you a slight boost in power. Don't forget to maintain all the usual crap in your car first before you start ripping stuff out and bolting stuff on. Oil change (w/ synthetic oil), spark plugs, plug wires, possibly fuel filter, dizzy cap, ect. The more you maintain your EX the more power you'll feel out of your stock hardware--which, to be quite honest, assuming you don't want to go as far as turbo, is where you're really going to feel the most notable improvements. As far as our little civics go, everything else is just icing on the great-gas-mileage cake.

Depending on what your power goals are, this would also be a great link to check out:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=33619
VSP said it all

LS1Bait

LS1s love me.
5+ Year Member
Lol...

my bad.

What I meant to say was: not running a cat doesn't always make your car sound bad.

ricerboy140

EK Jake
5+ Year Member
for sure... i have a 97 ex coupe with a skunk2 mega power catback system and i put a resonator type testpipe on and it sounds awesome

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can do as much as ur wallet can dish out, but if ur broke, get some stickers, lots of'em

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Some of the replies here are hilarious lol...
It all depends on how much power you are looking for and how much you have to spend.
Regardless of what people say, bolt on's WILL give you power. Even though it might not be much, its good for the power/cost ratio.
Generic intake and header paired with a nice 2.0" exhaust will give you some pep and get you started.
You can go N/A or boost, but boost will be the only way to get SERIOUS power. A friend of mine built his D with no F/I and got 177. Its respectable for N/A but not worth the cost. I've seen F/I D's in the 300s range, but 200ish HP is more common.
If you have more questions ask away, that's what we are here for.

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Race chevy aveos! You will feel fast as crap. Also if you race them for pinks you can sell the car and use the money to boost your car. For real boost or swap the choice is yours.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What kind of performance were you looking for? Sorry, I didn't take the time to read the rest of the thread, but are you looking for engine performance or handling performance?

Lol at title!