Civic Purchase Assistance!

Generation Six

No, Your Not Faster.
Hey guys!

so im looking to buy a 7th gen civic to replace my 6th gen.. anyways! i was wondering whats the difference between a regular (DX, EX, etc) civic coupe and an SI coupe, and SI-R coupe and the SI hatch...?
im looking for driving experience, simplicity of mods and basically stock performance

thanks so much for your expertise!
-pete

Motaw

i think the dx doesnt come with v-tec or sunroof.

and if your looking for stock performance. 7th gen is the way to go lol.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Si = Win

but im biased =)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Just for the records guys, he is from Canada. His Si is our Ex.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd go ex or si. Both have vtec, but it you want fuel economy.. go with Dx/Lx/Vp.

It all depends on your taste of cars. Don't let people tell you what to do, do what you think is good for you.. not them.

Generation Six

No, Your Not Faster.
DX is out of the picture lol I forgot to add that and I was truthfully drawn to the SiR cause I really lve my current 99 civic hatch and I still want a hatch when this has to go in the coming year.. Any user experience with the SiR hatch or general reviews?
Thanks

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Can you post pics of the SiR hatch? Im assuming its the EP3, our Si hatch here. But it doesnt look like anyone who is responding is reading.

Motaw

i heard the best years to get a 7th gen is 04 - 05 because their transmission comes with an intercooler or something. My transmission gave out within a year of use. So it might be better to get an 04-05 since these generation of trans are weak as it is.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i heard the best years to get a 7th gen is 04 - 05 because their transmission comes with an intercooler or something. My transmission gave out within a year of use. So it might be better to get an 04-05 since these generation of trans are weak as it is.
04-05 also shoot laser beams out of their headlights.

Newer models are better than older ones? Would've never guessed.

OP: you might want to read some info about the 7th generation civics on websites such as wikipedia, kbb, edmunds and one of my personal favorites google.com.

Motaw

04-05 also shoot laser beams out of their headlights.

Newer models are better than older ones? Would've never guessed.

OP: you might want to read some info about the 7th generation civics on websites such as wikipedia, kbb, edmunds and one of my personal favorites google.com.
I was simply stating that he should stick in the 04-05 range since the other years don't come with the benefit of a built in trans cooler and he was choosing from 02-03. 7th gens are notorious for trans problems.

So shove a fat one where it belongs buddy.

Generation Six

No, Your Not Faster.
As I previously said I don't mind mechanical issues as I'm pretty good with fixes, I'll just trow in somethig aftermarket

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey guys cool it down a little bit please, lets all just try to help the OP out.