Civic SI 2000 Greddy Upgrade

HekSI

Hey Guys ! I'm new in this forum and I have a 2000 Civic Si with the Greedy Turbo kit . Ive had the kit installed for 3 years now but I think its time for an upgrade . I usually use the car llike 10 times in a year so the engine is in really good condition .

What would you guys recommend to do to it without changing the internal components of the engine ?

Cheers!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
for starters, that kit is junk, so u should probably sell it to me for cheap

what exactly are you wanting to change?

HekSI

Nothing in particular really I would like to get more acceleration =) Im only running 6psi but i runs really good I raced against a carrera 4 and we were both head to head so maybe just more acceleration .

Im thinking about lightweight flywheel and a better clutch .

Any other ideas?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
turn the boost up

do you even know which POS greddy turbo is on there? 15g or 18g

HekSI

In order to turn up the boost you need to log into the E MANAGE unit but i dont have any knowledge of how to program it . Plus im still running the original injectors and original fuel pump so i dont know if giving it more boost will be a good decision until i change those parts .

Honestly I was thinking of lightweight flywheel , stage 2 clutch and Skunk2 Tuner Series Camshafts Stage 1 . What do you guys think?

Should I mod anything else?

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ Seconded ^ you could probably get away with running around 8psi without doing too much damage to your motor.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
get rid of the emanage, or find someone to tune it

changing cams will need a retune

what injectors and pump are you running

do you know anything about your car at this point

HekSI

get rid of the emanage, or find someone to tune it

changing cams will need a retune

what injectors and pump are you running

do you know anything about your car at this point
No real technical knowledge to be honest . I work I pay the parts I read a little and then I pay some more for someone to install it but I want to get more in depth of what the mods Im purchasing are really doing and how to get a better bang for the buck =)

DaOne

I would upgrade to a 255lph fuel pump and some bigger injectors, DSM 450's at least.
Then get tunned on higher boost.. I got a greddy 15g turbo on my d16 running 7.5-8 lbs of boost.
Im guessing your running the 18G since you have a b series..

HekSI

I would upgrade to a 255lph fuel pump and some bigger injectors, DSM 450's at least.
Then get tunned on higher boost.. I got a greddy 15g turbo on my d16 running 7.5-8 lbs of boost.
Im guessing your running the 18G since you have a b series..
did you had to buy an external boost controller or was it done from the e manage unit?

techavluis

Registered VIP
255 pump ($100), bigger injectors(250-350), and hondata (200-450) with a good tuner (200-500)! and you will be super happy

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats up with all the ground wires running off the valve cover?

HekSI

What do you guys think of the SKUNK 2 - INTAKE MANIFOLD? Do you guys think i could get a few HPs from it ?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
do what we told you, just turn up the boost a little

the emanage unit will probably compensate slightly for it anyway

you came here asking our advice, take it or leave it

why did you start another thread?

HekSI

do what we told you, just turn up the boost a little

the emanage unit will probably compensate slightly for it anyway

you came here asking our advice, take it or leave it

why did you start another thread?

Hi man thanks a lot for your advice ! Hope being a noob here doesnt bother anyone =)

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you should either A: leave it alone and be happy where you're at.(cuz your motor will last much much longer) or B: take it to a professional and tell him check and see what size injectors and pump you have before even thinking of turning up the boost.. if you're running the stock injectors which i believe are good to about 200whp (correct me if i'm wrong guys, it's been a while) and mixed with a stock pump going from 6psi to 8psi will only strain your engine that much more. But it's your motor I'm just saying if i was in YOUR shoes and that was MY car and MY engine... I'd do some major research before proceeding unless you happen to have a couple grand laying around to rebuild the motor anyways..

HekSI

you should either A: leave it alone and be happy where you're at.(cuz your motor will last much much longer) or B: take it to a professional and tell him check and see what size injectors and pump you have before even thinking of turning up the boost.. if you're running the stock injectors which i believe are good to about 200whp (correct me if i'm wrong guys, it's been a while) and mixed with a stock pump going from 6psi to 8psi will only strain your engine that much more. But it's your motor I'm just saying if i was in YOUR shoes and that was MY car and MY engine... I'd do some major research before proceeding unless you happen to have a couple grand laying around to rebuild the motor anyways..
Thanks man ! From what you guys have told me and the articles and stuff I've read Im going to buy a clutchmasters stage 2 clutch , a clutchmasters lightweight fly wheel . bigger injectors , walbro fuel pump a skunk 2 intake manifold and a profec specc b boost controller to run it at 8 psi .

That would prob give me another 40 hp ?

What do you think