Civic Si Vs Solara

polo708

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok sure... its a V6 pushing 230hp. You could only dream of coming in a close second. Did you ever race him? Without replying to what happened i'm going to say you 2 raced... he handed you your ass and you just happened to forget about posting it. Si's are quick in the civic world, but not when your messing with the bigger boys

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
polo708 said:
Ok sure... its a V6 pushing 230hp. You could only dream of coming in a close second. Did you ever race him? Without replying to what happened i'm going to say you 2 raced... he handed you your ass and you just happened to forget about posting it. Si's are quick in the civic world, but not when your messing with the bigger boys

I agree, solaras aren't that slow. race him and find out. tell the truth though, lol.

CivicSpicer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude..I know this forum is old but I raced one the other night. I was talking trash to him. Was bored. He ended up accepting it. Now My car is an SI with intake and Exhauast with vtec controller. His car was stock and he won by half a car lenth. Dont race then unless your really good. My car was fast but his won although he was stock 2000 model.

RedCivicSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicSpicer said:
Dude..I know this forum is old but I raced one the other night. I was talking trash to him. Was bored. He ended up accepting it. Now My car is an SI with intake and Exhauast with vtec controller. His car was stock and he won by half a car lenth. Dont race then unless your really good. My car was fast but his won although he was stock 2000 model.
lol yeah this thing is pretty old like almost a year or so haha....but i'v gotten new upgrades... CAI. skunk2 intake manifold, 4-1 header, vafc, street/strip clutch, cam gears....i barely beat a rsx-s with intake exhaust...woo those things pull hard in 3rd like off the line im like a car and half ahead than when he hit 3rd he pulls right up next to my door ah haha

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1999 Toyota Camry Solara SE 7.1 15.6

Its a close race......dont mess up the shifting!!!

CivicSpicer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just dont ever race a TRD version of the Solaras. Those version eat Type R hatch for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Some TRD version of them puts over 300 hp stock and soo much tq that even with its crazy weight it peels out forever if the driver is new. Ive seen them in action.

polo708

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its got a TRD supercharger (roots type) and tuned suspension. That thing is a beast from a dig also.

420GREEN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How ya gonna compare a Type-R to a Solara (even a TRD model)?????? Type-R smokes it in looks, cornering, and it will never touch it on the freeway(5th gear@8000rpm= UNTOUCHABLE), PERIOD.......so don't be a dumbass and try and compare the two......of course if I spent that much on a Solara it better go somewhere in a hurry, but if I spent the same amount on a Type-R, there is no contest...........your comparison is a joke. Toyota f**ked up when they dropped the Supra and the original MR-2, but now they all are wanna-be's..........If I drop a NOS kit with 100 shot (100hp), you gonna tell me that thing can come anywhere near me.................NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!! and I didn't spend half as much. Welcome to the world of HONDA kids......................

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
solara's r wack...enuff said

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
420GREEN said:
Toyota f**ked up when they dropped the original MR-2,

because the 145 hp supercharged 4AGZE was so good?

yeah, not so much. The 3SGTE 2nd gen MR2 maybe, but not the original MR2

Last edited:

turboex17

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To the guy that lost to the solara, you need to practice your driving cause I put two of them away in my stock SI. one about a car length on the street till about 70 and the other on the freeway I put about two cars on him till about 120 when I let off. Both were v6 models