Civic Si

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't have a name for her yet..bought it with about 156k miles for $4,000. Completely stock when I bought it, only thing I've done so far is wax, shined the headlights, and put in an AEM cold air intake. Gonna do more to it, just haven't decided everything that I want to do and I'm just a broke college kid...

You can see how badly the headlights needed to be cleaned...

Any suggestions on where to go from here? I know I need to get a new catback exhaust system before winter..will post a picture of why later on tonight. I'm not sure about buying one of those $100 ebay catback exhaust systems, but if that's all I can afford...

Any feedback is welcomed! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome. Nice Si, I love mine. As for advice, fix your exhaust issue(make sure you get a quality one). My recommendation for exhaust would be an APEXi WS. Other than that, just lower it. Si's are amazing with just coilovers.

edit: I'm extremely jealous of your mudguards.

00_jdm_em1

xREDLINE EM1x
Definitely check out em1crew.com how about a rear lip. And lower it.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice find! Welcome man

WBJ

Registered VIP
Its always nice to find an unmolested Si! Good find. Be good to it and keep it clean!

Welcome to the site.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was thinking about lowering it, but not too sure..definitely needs new rims...the last owner must have never washed it...I've never worked on a car before and this is my very first car so I guess everything's a learning experience! Hah..

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Welcome to CC and enjoy your stay.

Other than exhaust, suspension and a rear lip. I say ur set.

My first Civic is a learning experience for sure.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was thinking about lowering it, but not too sure..definitely needs new rims...the last owner must have never washed it...I've never worked on a car before and this is my very first car so I guess everything's a learning experience! Hah..
I wish I still had the stock wheels...... :lol:
But when I got my car, it didn't even come with the stock ones.
My first car was an Si also, still got it too. I've had it almost 2 years. Great cars, very reliable. Just, please, don't mess it up.... By that I mean keep a level head and not be speeding around everywhere like your a cool kid. Take car of it, she's a nice find.

Edit: I think your intake manifold is Type R.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I still had the stock wheels...... :lol:
But when I got my car, it didn't even come with the stock ones.
My first car was an Si also, still got it too. I've had it almost 2 years. Great cars, very reliable. Just, please, don't mess it up.... By that I mean keep a level head and not be speeding around everywhere like your a cool kid. Take car of it, she's a nice find.

Edit: I think your intake manifold is Type R.
Well the rims that are on it now are actually peeling... :???: So I'm hoping to sand them down and paint them black this weekend. And yeah, it burns quite some oil if I rev it up too high...but I think it burns a normal amount? for a VTEC engine.

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't paint the wheels black!!! Nice pick up! Do a rear lip and lower it. Then you should be looking really good!

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's the rims...if you have any idea on how to save them and make them look new let me know...the only other way I thought of was to paint them

And here's the exhaust problem. MAJOR exhaust leak haha, how did the previous owner not think this was a problem? Well all he did was slap on a ricey exhaust tip and call it a day

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
My lord, that isn't an exhaust anymore. lol. Those rims look bad, I think the only way to make them look good again is to sand, wet sand, and paint/powdercoat

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah tell me about it! haha. Oh well, but yeah I was gonna try and paint them this weekend. Haven't decided on a color, may keep them like a silver/gunmetal but I kinda wanted to paint them black..too ricey? lol And any idea on the proper grit for the sand paper?

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Black is fine, I would say white since ur Civic is black but it's up to u. no color is ricey, unless its Rice Yellow.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nah, you can sand those wheels and polish them out, but that exhaust is garbage lol

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm gonna try to save up as much money as I can for a new exhaust system and buy and install it just before winter starts so maybe I can afford a quality catback exhaust system. I don't really wanna buy the $100 ebay catback exhaust..might try to wrap the exhaust with pop cans until then haha! I'm not too big of a fan of white rims..probably gonna paint them black and see how I like it, I can always sand it down and paint again...probably.

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd recommend looking around on the internet at some painted Si rims. I dont think they look good personally, but its your call.

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just want them to turn out shiny again...I definitely plan on putting a clear coat on them. I was looking around and heard about a primer you can put on the rims before you paint them? Or is it possible to make them look brand new with just sanding them, shining them with like a scotch bright pad, and then putting a spray on clear coat on them?