CIVIC Timing belt change photoshoot

C0mradeAlex

5+ Year Member
My car badly needed a timing belt change and i did not have the air tools to do it nor did i want to spend a lot of money. Lucky for me, my friend's older brother friend loves working on cars so he did it for me for 100 bucks. I got to watch and see how exactly its done and I'm glad i let him do it. It us 20 minutes with air-tools and a torch to get the crankshaft bolt off. My friend also took amazing photos of the job and put them on his flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40820392@N04/sets/72157624304592899/

o yeah and i got a free tire balance!

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm jealous of your photographer.

This all looks great; you have the makings of an excellent write-up there.

C0mradeAlex

5+ Year Member
write up will be made in couple days! My friend really did an amazing jobs with the photos.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats awsome im in the middle of mine and this is exactly what i could use for refrence, if you write a diy with your photos this would be the greatest tutorial newbs like me could use, the book doenst exactly show how to manuver around everything else.

HatchmanEJ6

Mmmonocle smile!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
glad i dont live in rust land!
:lol: same here. changing my timing belt and water pump shortly as well but im paying someone to do that s**t. I dont wanna deal with it. yep im lazy ill admit it. props on doin it yourself :thumbs up

Mad-Mike

5+ Year Member
Pretty cool, I wish there would be something like this but with a b16a2 engine....

kalroth04

of course the crank bolt would be the only thing holding me back its taken me 2 days with air tools and all to get it off and i still haven't seen it move any at all

jose123

i couldnt see the pics..im trying to change my timing belt on my 95 civic but i was wondering if yall had some pics..that would help..