Civic Tireboot/Tirelock (Honda Day)

jbwilliam

So I went to Honda day this year and I know a lot of people usually take there ecu's out or their steering wheels and such. But I also saw these tiny tire boot's/tire locks on a good amount of Honda's. Like booting your own car. I've been having problems with a parking lot I work in with security and they seem to only mess with me. Everyone else I work with and park next to don't have any problems. They've been threatening with towing my civic. I work early mornings so they are using the excuse know one should be able to park there that early in the morning even though I park with my co workers and managers. ANYWAY, I'm looking to boot my car that can be easy and cheap so they cant move move it. My one co-worker had problems with them as well and said she ended up paying like 300 dollars in towing fee's cause they towed while she stayed working overnight and it count for 2 days or something. The ones I saw were like these tiny metal things the wheel sat in or something. I can quite remember exactly. I want to buy a cheaper one or if anyone knows easy tricks I can do to for them to not be able to move my car. I found one but this isn't what they looked like and this is way expensive. http://www.tirelock.com/

Lemmie know your thoughts or if you have any info about these things where I can get them for cheaper. Thanks

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You don't have parking tickets for your windows or anything to signify that you do in fact work there and thus are allowed to be parked there? I would look into that, or try to get someone higher up to talk to security to stop hassling you.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Or, the best solution, walk around with a bat and next time they hassle you, hit him in he head repeatedly till he gets the picture.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alpha Wheel Lock

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could save the money you should spend on the lock OR towing and simply park somewhere you are allowed to park... my experience with cars getting towed has been the following.. if they are justified in towing you, they are going to tow you.. wheel lock or not.. there was a porsche illegally parked in our development and they couldn't really hook up to it because of the way it was.. also appeared that the ebrake was on AND the car was in gear.. I watched the tow truck chain itself to the underside of the car and DRAG it out and up onto the bed.. tow truck drivers don't give a f**k and normally get paid at least partially by the job... if there is a car to tow.. they are towing it.. NO MATTER WHAT..

yellowbone12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You don't have parking tickets for your windows or anything to signify that you do in fact work there and thus are allowed to be parked there? I would look into that, or try to get someone higher up to talk to security to stop hassling you.
:word:.... thats your best bet or talk to your manager...

papichulo26

Listen if they aint giving you a ticket for parking there they should not be towing your s**t away. And WTF that mofo riding your s**t he goes after you but not anyone else if you park next to your co-workers and bosses and they dont get towed there should be no reason why that fag should try and tow you.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Usually if you park where you're supposed to park and have passes/permits or whatever you need, they leave you alone. If they're hassling you because you have a modified car, tell them to f**k off and go to someone higher up.