Civic united fog kit as reliable as the pwdjm fog kit?

Danny Goldsmith

Well after a terrible experience with a crappy ebay fog kit. I'm now looking into buying a new fog kit. I'm either going with a password jdm fog kit, which is expensive but at least I know it's OE quality.. OR a fog kit from civic-united. Only thing is I haven't heard anything about CU's fog kits, I was wondering if anyone here has ever used one and how reliable they are? It looks close to PWJDM's kit, but for half the price.

Cliffs:
Should I shell out the 2x the price for a pw kit or go for civic-united kit which seems very similar for half the price. Switch and relay reliability are my biggest concern!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What year a submodel civic is this for?

I'd also like to know cuz its hard to find yellow fogs for EG sedans. Only civic-united and ebay have em from what I've found.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what was wrong with the kit you got off ebay?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ebay kits are fine -shrug-

Danny Goldsmith

If you guys read my other thread I explained everything. It's for an Ek coupe. Long story short the switch is faulty and got stuck so now the fog lights are always on. Ebay fogs are s**t! Avoid them at all costs. The relay is bad on them as well.

Anyone here ever use the civic-united ones? They look legit but I need to know before I make another bad investment and waste more time.

Puff0028

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My fogs came from ebay and worked fine till I had a rock go through one of the lights other than that I never had a problem bit also looking into getting another set so I'm interested.in finding out more about these two brands

khmernese

ive ordered fog kits from ebay all the time and install them on mine and other peoples. never had a problem. only thing is i notice the glass are pretty weak. otherwise i never had a relay or wiring problem with them. lasted about a year until one of the bulb burnt out. and i replaced both of them with autozone fog bulb replacements. still going after two years :P
but i guess those name brand ones would be a guarantee plus warranty.

i'd check for warranty for the CU and try them out. only way to know is to try it. if it doesnt work you can return it as defective.

DMaldonado93

thats exactly what i was thinking of. I seen that civic united site and i was wandering about the quality of their products

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just because a well known place has something for more expensive than another with a cheaper price when they both sell the same product doesn't make item that is being sold at the more expensive place any better than the place that sells it for cheaper..your buying the name, not the product in this case.

DMaldonado93

just because a well known place has something for more expensive than another with a cheaper price when they both sell the same product doesn't make item that is being sold at the more expensive place any better than the place that sells it for cheaper..your buying the name, not the product in this case.
very true. I just dont know if i can trust that civic united website.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just save your money and get OEM. 10x nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Password JDM fogs are the same as eBay, replicas. Youll be paying much more for the same set.

I ran eBay fogs in my ex's coupe for 2 years and they worked perfectly fine. I believe $50 shipped for fogs with harness, you cant beat that. If you got a faulty switch, shet happens you paid $50 lol. Also the relay in those isnt bad, they dont make it they get it from somewhere else.

Get the Civic United kit.