Civic Vs.mustang

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ I'm just glad we all had fun and shared a few laughs today, gang.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I luv racing 5.0's!!! only raced a couple tho b4 my s**t went down hill, but it's only gonna be better after this Inline Pro rebuild!!!

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
i have a 94 civic with est. 160 hp and i also have a 82 foxbody mustang (coupe not a hatch) with right at 300hp stock now my mustang is around 2500 lbs and my civic is around 2400lbs give or take a few hunderd lbs same go for the mustang my civic has a skunk 2 intake skunk2 cam/timming gear light wight flywheel cold air intake header and 3inch exhaust from header back (no cat) comepard to a stock 5.0 so if you want to do the math and you could clearly see which one would win in a drag race dont get me wrong i love my civic but in a drag race i would most diff going to use my mustang to get my mustang so light i guted the inside ac and stuff like that only thing i have in the mustang are 2 seats and roll cage and a sheat meatke dash with 4 gages so you can say it my street strip car but in my civic u can say that its the head turner ive put more money in my civic motor than my mustang motor all i did to my mustang was put HO head and intenals in a non HO block with a cam that came out of a lighting pick up truck and headers and get which cost me around 1000-1500 dollors and it gets me down the track in mid to high 14s with alot of spening off the lline and the civic arounf 2000 in the motor(well bult ons) and i get down the track at 17.2 with alot of spening so as you can see the mustang is better at drag racing than the civic but dont get me wrong if i build the motor to civic to hould spray or to hould boost i can but that goingto cost out the butt so id raither stay with the mustang for drag racing and civic for the looks

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a 94 civic with est. 160 hp and i also have a 82 foxbody mustang (coupe not a hatch) with right at 300hp stock now my mustang is around 2500 lbs and my civic is around 2400lbs give or take a few hunderd lbs same go for the mustang my civic has a skunk 2 intake skunk2 cam/timming gear light wight flywheel cold air intake header and 3inch exhaust from header back (no cat) comepard to a stock 5.0 so if you want to do the math and you could clearly see which one would win in a drag race dont get me wrong i love my civic but in a drag race i would most diff going to use my mustang to get my mustang so light i guted the inside ac and stuff like that only thing i have in the mustang are 2 seats and roll cage and a sheat meatke dash with 4 gages so you can say it my street strip car but in my civic u can say that its the head turner ive put more money in my civic motor than my mustang motor all i did to my mustang was put HO head and intenals in a non HO block with a cam that came out of a lighting pick up truck and headers and get which cost me around 1000-1500 dollors and it gets me down the track in mid to high 14s with alot of spening off the lline and the civic arounf 2000 in the motor(well bult ons) and i get down the track at 17.2 with alot of spening so as you can see the mustang is better at drag racing than the civic but dont get me wrong if i build the motor to civic to hould spray or to hould boost i can but that goingto cost out the butt so id raither stay with the mustang for drag racing and civic for the looks
Couldn't have made any less sense...christ ofcourse a stock mustang is gonna rape a civic thats barely not stock lol

put some real work into your car and you'll get the respect..the simple fact that my 1.6 outruns a lot of 5.0's seems impressive to me...it's not all about HP...trans gearing can make or break that...a 400 whp mustang vs a 400 whp civic??(lol not sayin mine is 400) I'd take the civic all day long

Hell, I'd like to embarass this guy's mustang too haha I hear horses are allergic to RICE

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Couldn't have made any less sense...christ ofcourse a stock mustang is gonna rape a civic thats barely not stock lol

put some real work into your car and you'll get the respect..the simple fact that my 1.6 outruns a lot of 5.0's seems impressive to me...it's not all about HP...trans gearing can make or break that...a 400 whp mustang vs a 400 whp civic??(lol not sayin mine is 400) I'd take the civic all day long

Hell, I'd like to embarass this guy's mustang too haha I hear horses are allergic to RICE
You even sure they are racing you?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
.a 400 whp mustang vs a 400 whp civic??(lol not sayin mine is 400) I'd take the civic all day long
then you would lose..a 400hp 5.0 mustang with a built c4 and gears with tire would destroy a 400hp civic... also 400hp in a mustang is still a very normal streetable car.. a 400hp civic not so much.. also look at the TORQUE numbers that go along with those HP numbers.. I am NOT saying that a honda can't be made fast.. i am just saying the scenario you discuss here... better for the mustang.. imo..

02civicsi02

5+ Year Member
Its possible for a civic to beat a mustang. You can even beat one with a stock or oem motor I might add. If you did a swap you could beat a mustang gt with a stock motor. The swap would be a k24a1 vtec killer set up. Only thing you would have to do besides that is I/RH/E and k pro tune. I am sure you have read or heard bout the vtec killer setup. You can get a k24a1 and swap in the k24a2 cams, rockers and valvetrain. After you did that you will gain alot of hp and no lie. Then with the good tune you will be set. I have seen someone reach 225 whp and 203 trq. Not bad for a stock 4 cylinder.

After that if you really want to push it then go turbo. The k24a1 is completely turbo ready. The stock blockj can hold up to alot. I have seen people bosst 15 psi on stock block and hold up strong for over a year. I guess it really depends on the tune with that. But if you went that much boost you will easily surpass 400 hp. It would be alot to swap but it would do what you are wanting.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ I wonder how many mustangs you could buy for all that dough.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its possible for a civic to beat a mustang. You can even beat one with a stock or oem motor I might add. If you did a swap you could beat a mustang gt with a stock motor. The swap would be a k24a1 vtec killer set up. Only thing you would have to do besides that is I/RH/E and k pro tune. I am sure you have read or heard bout the vtec killer setup. You can get a k24a1 and swap in the k24a2 cams, rockers and valvetrain. After you did that you will gain alot of hp and no lie. Then with the good tune you will be set. I have seen someone reach 225 whp and 203 trq. Not bad for a stock 4 cylinder.

After that if you really want to push it then go turbo. The k24a1 is completely turbo ready. The stock blockj can hold up to alot. I have seen people bosst 15 psi on stock block and hold up strong for over a year. I guess it really depends on the tune with that. But if you went that much boost you will easily surpass 400 hp. It would be alot to swap but it would do what you are wanting.
yeah.. you can build a TON of 4cyl cars that can give a Mustang a run for its money.. but the PROBLEM is....

^^ I wonder how many mustangs you could buy for all that dough.
with all the money you are spending to do that.. if you put EQUAL cash into a 5.0 car.. it will RAPE the 4cyl... why? because the Mustang COMES with a good motor.. so all that cash you are spending to build up the motor.. take it and apply it to a 5.0 car and see where you end up...

my G/F and I were talking about this just this morning.. with all the cash i spent on the Civic.. I could have probably built TWO complete Mustangs.. one drag one.. and one road race one.. LOL

Again I have NO hatred to imports.. i loved my Honda.. 10+ years into that thing.. but it is just hard to look back on all the time money and effort put forth only to net marginal results when compared to a v8..

you like turbo?

[YOUTUBE=10sec street car]"<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEy54wvtJGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEy54wvtJGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>"][/YOUTUBE]

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
the point in me write what i did was to comper the time and money i have in both of them and the out come in the time and money. now the motor thats in the mustang thats just my baby motor. if yall remember reading about me having a roll cage in my mustang there is a reason for it. i have a bigger and bader motor in my shop a custom 521 ci big block with 3 stages of nitrous 150 shot 175 shot and 200 shot now with that motor i get down the track in the low 10s on a bad night on a good night im in the mid to low 9s...if you are wondering i grow up on a drag strip so i know thang or 2 about going down the strip

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[YOUTUBE="You wanna beat a mustang you say?"]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/faqSmSpihjw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/faqSmSpihjw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

:lol:

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you want more bang for your buck get a diesel. just to list SOME of the advantages

-already turbocharged from the factory
-mods are cheap in relation to power gained (added 140 rwhp with a set of $500 injectors)
-no air/fuel ratios to worry about
-internals are extremely strong from the factory. i know of people with close to 1000hp on STOCK bottom ends

oh and on top of all this you can expect 20 mpg or better. in some cases close to 30. not to mention the fact that diesels will run forever if you take care of them

sorry i know this is a civic website but im just giving my opinion since you all are talking about power to money ratios lol

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you want more bang for your buck get a diesel. just to list SOME of the advantages

-already turbocharged from the factory
-mods are cheap in relation to power gained (added 140 rwhp with a set of $500 injectors)
-no air/fuel ratios to worry about
-internals are extremely strong from the factory. i know of people with close to 1000hp on STOCK bottom ends

oh and on top of all this you can expect 20 mpg or better. in some cases close to 30. not to mention the fact that diesels will run forever if you take care of them

sorry i know this is a civic website but im just giving my opinion since you all are talking about power to money ratios lol
Definitely! When I was looking for a new car, diesels were my top choices, but even when they had 100k miles, people and dealerships still wanted $12-15k for them.

My friends parents have a old ass benz turbo diesel. Think it ticked over to 450k and still runs like new.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Definitely! When I was looking for a new car, diesels were my top choices, but even when they had 100k miles, people and dealerships still wanted $12-15k for them.

My friends parents have a old ass benz turbo diesel. Think it ticked over to 450k and still runs like new.
yeah they hold their value like crazy! thats why i got an old one its a 1996 with 170k and i paid 8000 for it. that was a steal though its worth 10 i had to look forever to find that price lol.