Civic VX

Chadley90

5+ Year Member
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew where i could look at an owners manual online for a 93 VX. Or if someone could show a diagram of the belts. Thanks alot

Chadley90

5+ Year Member
thank you very much. one more question. i dont want to sound stupid but are there water pumps on the vtec engines?

Chadley90

5+ Year Member
thank you very much. i actualy just found that out right now. but yes im new. im looking at a very rough 93 vx hatch. anything i should look at whenim looking at this car? The alt is shot, no ac, o2 sensor is gone, gets spark says half tank of gas but doesnt fire, dead bat, when i put a little of gas in the cylender to see if it would fire it did for about 2 sec. any advice you could give me. and what would be a good price range for this car? also the out side is covered in bondo.

Chadley90

5+ Year Member
can someone give me an ideal price for this? it has 142000 miles on it. thanks alot.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would say no more then $1500 and start low at like $1000. also you can get a new o2 for $70 or cheaper if you dont care about emisions test.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alt is shot and battery is dead. Thats your problem on why it wont start. Its trying to run off the battery only which is not enough to run the car.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not sure. Depending on the vehicle the "jumper" may not have a large enough alternator to power two motors. When a vehicle is jumped it just provides just enough power to crank it until the car that is dead alternator can provide current.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For sure new alt. Then see if the battery charges. If it does then your good.