Civic Wont start...need some advice

viscious2stroke

5+ Year Member
i have a 91 civic hatch back with a d16z6 motor and p28 ECU it was connected to an apexi vafc but someone broke into it and cut the harness for the VAFC now the car wont run. Does anyone have any idea how to wire the ECU the stock way or would be able to tell me how to wire another VAFC back up if need be? I live in Wayne, NJ and if anyone is in the area that know how to wire and would come help me out it would be much appreciated cuz i really dont want to go selling the car for scrap. I can post some pics if they are needed of the wires that were cut. Thanks alot.

viscious2stroke

5+ Year Member
or does anyone have any idea if a D17 will fit in these and if so how to go about swapping it?

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
i hate messing with wireing and s**t it annoyes the living s**t out of me but i think it would make sense that

if your car was starting fine before it got broken intoo

they broke into it(f**ked up wireing) and you know the alarm wires or w.e wires they f**ked with

and now the car isnt starting....

try checking all the wireing the thieves touched.... to sorta 'undo' what they did instead of messing with something else because then yer never gona find the problem...

if not get a new ecu

sorry for such a helpless post but i felt bad nobody has replied....

goodluck

EJAaron

5+ Year Member
i would say just get a new vafc and install it on ur car

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Theres a couple how-to's that green91 posted in this section. Sift through them and see if you can find anything helpfull for your situation.

f**k thieves!

fusion

5+ Year Member
Well if all they took was your VAFC and im assuming they ripped the harness with it, its just a straight wire-up to your ECU. Just look at wire colors coming from the ECU and buttsplice them together. e.g. Orange would connect to Orange.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since i don't know the severity of your wiring issue i wouls suggest trying to pick up a just a harness and swap it in?

viscious2stroke

5+ Year Member
no it stands for vtec air flow converter its a tuning unit that was wired into the main harness...i would really like if anyone is in the area and could come take a look at it and see if they could fix it

TheEf2kid

5+ Year Member
take the Vtec controller off and whatever wire is cut its all still there! COLOR MATCH! get some wire butt connectors and start crimping.