Cleaning Injectors

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
Long post coming up... Forgive me, I am new on the forums.

I have a 93 Sedan DX 1.5L 5 Speed Manual with a completely stock engine. After letting it sit in the driveway unused for 10 years,we decided to try to get it running again. After getting a new battery, Replacing the fuel pump and replacing the Fuel Regulator, the car STILL wouldn't start. So, we decided to check and see if it was aother problem with the fuel system. We poured gas into the manifold itself, cranked it, and It started right up. So we diagnosed it to have bad fuel injectors. We heard that if you soak the injectors in Seafoam, it can clean them up, and I would like to clean them, rather than pay upwards of $250 for new ones. Can anyone help me? Tips, Pointers, Ideas? Thanks in advance. =)

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would send them in and have them rebuilt and flowtested...

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
*update*

We just removed the Injectors from the seafoam, cleaned them, and put them back in the car. We cranked it, and no luck. We also couldn't hear the Fuel Pump whirr as the key was in the ON position like it did 2 days ago. We think the relay may be on the fritz. But we may be wrong about that. Also, we poured gas directly into the manifold again, and it started up for about 4 seconds, then died. But, we took the line off of the Fuel Filter to see if, when we cranked it, fuel would pour out. and it didn't. So we now think there may be a problem before the fuel reaches the filter. Any help?

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
*another Update*

Sorry for all the posts. Just got the car running! Turns out it was the Injector Gaskets and O-Rings. Ran down to the auto store and grabbed some new ones, fitted them on, lubed them up, secured everything and cranked it up. Thanks for all the suggestions! I am now officially a Civic Owner! =)