Cleaning inside of headlight housing?

LANxCiv

So basically there's some yellowing on the inside of one of my lenses. Without taking apart the whole housing, is there a way to clean the inside of my headlight with some kind of liquid cleaning solution?

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not that I know of. I assume you are looking for some sort of spray to shoot inside the housings through the bulb holes? Can't think of any other way to clean something in there without taking them apart.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Short and sweet answer is no. There is nothing that will get rid of that yellowing by just spraying. You need to take them apart and polish them or just buy new ones.

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I would venture to say it's not on the inside. Have you tried to clean the outside?

LANxCiv

Well I figured it out, its on the outside. I just wasn't putting enough elbow grease when I was wet sanding.

Mystery solved -_-

RodolfoBrewer

So basically there's some yellowing on the inside of one of my lenses. Without taking apart the whole housing, is there a way to clean the inside of my hid xenon kits with some kind of liquid cleaning solution?
Are you making use of cleaning solution to clean headlights? I am not aware about of such stuff so can you help me out? Little guidance will be more than worth=)

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont pour nothing inside the headlights! cuz then it will leave water spots. my headlight has a leak and when moisture gets in i stick a hair drier to dry it off. it still leaves water spots. your only choice is to buy after market head lights. this yellow stain sounds like the headlights are old. and there is no way to make it clear again. its like buying white shoes, when they are new they are super white and bright. then over time they get yellowish, faded, dull. there is nothing out there that can rejuvenate back to its original condition. .