Clear Coat Help

Oem>

Finally Have got around to painting my front end. I have a 97 civic switch to a 00 front end, but it was primer black which looked tacky against my Milano Red body. Not having alot of money i decided to paint it myself. Went to Oreily and pick up the some Dupli-Color Color Match R-81's and Dupli-Color clear. Primer, Sanded with Yellow Scotch pad, painted,sanded with pad, then painted again,came out really smooth. I understand it wont be identical, but after i lay down the clear, what are the steps of wetsanding and buffing to get it looking as close to a factory paint as possible? Please no Flaming, any advice will be appriciated

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wetsand it with 2000 grit and use a rubbing/polishing compound.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
yea i used meguiars ultimate compound omfg!!

see if you can get one of your friends who has a buffer/polisher
make shure you dont burn your paint!

Oem>

Wow thats really nice ^. Made some Noob Mistakes, was resanding cuz didnt think clear was good enough, resprayed a couple of times, It was a money pit but well worth the experience, definitely feel i can do a better job next time. Didnt Realize how much a difference the 2000 grit wetsanding made, so having to go back over the other fender than i had buffed but like i said well worth the experience and dont regret doing it. Thanks For the Help everyone, and that Ultimate compound was AMAZING haha