clearing out the front turn signal

pearlgreenciv

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how does one go about clearing out the headlights? i hope i dont have to open them up. i searched the 6th gen forum and could not find the actual procedure of removing the amber lens.

mynameisbob28

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you do have to pop apart the headlight to get the amber out... i dont know exactly how to do it, but if nobody on here knows, i know there is info on www.clubsi.com in i think the tips and tricks forum with how to do it...

pearlgreenciv

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yah i read the link from steve98ex abd figured it out. i'll clear them when i put in my type r grill. might as well paint the chrome also.

spursfan

4LOOKS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you got to bake them to get them apart. once there apart then you can take the amber out.

Noeladams

Keyboard Cowboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think if you did a search on the forum you would probably see about 5432421234535 answered questions :lol: about that!

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Heres how you do it...

CLEARING HEADLIGHTS:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
2. Put a light in there for 10 mins ( to heat up the caulking so you can pull them apart)
3. Pull the light out and gently pull it apart...Be gentle but you will need a little bit of elbow grease
4. Once open, pull out the amber reflector and wrap it in 3M chrome tape...then reinstall the reflector
5. Put the light back together and put back into the oven for 10 mins( to reheat caulking)
6. Pull the light out and push together since the caulking will be heated up again and you will able to seal the lights again.
7. Repeat for 2nd light...

Here are some pictures to help you....